aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

It took off because the "Sandwich van is here" email included their graphic conversation about sexing each other up, which the receptionist forwarded to heaps of people who she was making aware of the sandwich van's arrival, making all those people aware of her filthy emails on the company dime, and probable violation of ICT policies, not to mention giving ISS some very negative publicity. Then it was getting forwarded to everyone saying OMGZZ READ THIS. I got it from my missus this afternoon. Didn't expect to come home and for it to be on the news.

312308_392938054131607_80445636_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Bob Knob
It took off because the "Sandwich van is here" email included their graphic conversation about sexing each other up, which the receptionist forwarded to heaps of people who she was making aware of the sandwich van's arrival, making all those people aware of her filthy emails on the company dime, and probable violation of ICT policies, not to mention giving ISS some very negative publicity. Then it was getting forwarded to everyone saying OMGZZ READ THIS. I got it from my missus this afternoon. Didn't expect to come home and for it to be on the news.

if-you-know-what-i-mean-420x250.png

• Upvote 3

Is it just me that's failing to see how this email has managed to gain the attention it has?

It's just an email that ends with the sandwich van is here. So?

Yeah, it's less about the 'sandwich van' part, and more about the fact the 'sandwich van' information was sent to the whole company, hence why it leaked.

The couple should be ashamed.

Exactly!

For me, its the best thing to happen all year (not really). I added the guy, Eric Knisz, on Linkedin. The couple will get into trouble, sure, but not as much trouble as the person who sent it out the office. They will definitely be fired.

Exactly!

For me, its the best thing to happen all year (not really). I added the guy, Eric Knisz, on Linkedin. The couple will get into trouble, sure, but not as much trouble as the person who sent it out the office. They will definitely be fired.

Hmm, I'm not sure. In this article the head of HR seems stern but not too fussed about the whole thing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267824/Receptionist-fiance-left-red-faced-sends-email-discussing-sex-life-entire-office.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Bruce Webster, HR director of ISS said: 'Personal emails are not encouraged at work and we have taken the appropriate action with the members of staff concerned.

'They are absolutely mortified by the content of the email trail which was meant to be private and apologise for any offence caused by it going outwith our organisation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267824/Receptionist-fiance-left-red-faced-sends-email-discussing-sex-life-entire-office.html#ixzz2Iz1d1Mor

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hmm, I'm not sure. In this article the head of HR seems stern but not too fussed about the whole thing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267824/Receptionist-fiance-left-red-faced-sends-email-discussing-sex-life-entire-office.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I worked for a company which has something in the same ball park happen - but of a rather different nature. The MD sent emails out every month asking for employees to send in comments, questions etc for the upper management to address in the monthy newsletter. They also asked for jokes to be sent in. One employee sent an email back around maybe half a dozen co workers saying "biggest joke I know of is this company.." He was a contractor rather than a staff member, and his contract was immediately terminated as word got back to the MD. He went away on friday afternoon, his agency told him that weekend he wasn't required to go back.

While publicly they may be playing it cool, I reckon for sending it out without trying to hide the company name, someone's getting fisted for this. Although I don't think the receptionist will get too hard a time from the powers-that-be, t'was obviously an honest mistake from her.

xx

I worked for a company which has something in the same ball park happen - but of a rather different nature. The MD sent emails out every month asking for employees to send in comments, questions etc for the upper management to address in the monthy newsletter. They also asked for jokes to be sent in. One employee sent an email back around maybe half a dozen co workers saying "biggest joke I know of is this company.." He was a contractor rather than a staff member, and his contract was immediately terminated as word got back to the MD. He went away on friday afternoon, his agency told him that weekend he wasn't required to go back.

That's a totally different situation though. Contractors have little rights so it's easy to get rid of them for minor infractions and it sounds like that guy probably had a bad attitude anyway so they were just waiting for a good excuse. Bad mouthing the company in an email to colleagues in that company seems a pretty good reason to ask his agency to take him off contract. From my perspective as staff in a department which gets a few contractors coming through it's pretty fucking annoying to get one who swans in, earning a big day rate, then slags off everything and fucks off again after a few months.

The woman who sent this email to her whole company has just made a stupid mistake (probably writing two emails at once and lost track of which one she was typing in, easily done) and is likely to be staff so harder to get rid of.

That's a totally different situation though. Contractors have little rights so it's easy to get rid of them for minor infractions and it sounds like that guy probably had a bad attitude anyway so they were just waiting for a good excuse. Bad mouthing the company in an email to colleagues in that company seems a pretty good reason to ask his agency to take him off contract. From my perspective as staff in a department which gets a few contractors coming through it's pretty fucking annoying to get one who swans in, earning a big day rate, then slags off everything and fucks off again after a few months.

The woman who sent this email to her whole company has just made a stupid mistake (probably writing two emails at once and lost track of which one she was typing in, easily done) and is likely to be staff so harder to get rid of.

Totally agree - I think the lass who wrote the email is completely innocent, just an honest, if rather embarassing, mistake. I wouldn't be surprised though if the bigwigs brought down the hammer of Thor on folk who sent it out to other companies.

xx

There's no real grounds for summary dismissal anyway, I don't think. There will be various warning levels etc first.

WARNING LEVEL: SANDWICH

The person that sent it out could probably be dismissed for bringing the company into disrepute. Most HR disciplinary procedures list that as grounds for immediate sacking.

Unlikely to happen though, embarrassing for the couple but not really all that bad. Dude really needs to do some work on his sexytalk though....

I think we should all assume the receptionist and her "handsome husband" are good workers ordinarily, and that this blip will just see them each receive a written warning. It's likely to be against the in-house IT code of conduct, which will merit a written warning, I suspect. Other than that, I fail to see what they have done to merit losing their jobs. As already said by others, the individual responsible for emailing the chain externally is the individual who has jeopardised their own employment status the most. That dog just ain't gonna hunt.

The sex chat was shit. It's all hilarious: "You were very very wet"

At least ISS can use it for a new company slogan:

Integrated Subsea Services. Our receptionist may leak, but or vessels and valves won't.

• Upvote 5

Isn't that whole email abusing their companies IT policies though? Explicit language and all that. I reckon that's and on-the-spot sack offence.

Nah, even abuse of IT policy wouldn't be enough to straight up sack someone I don't think. Most oil and gas companies' IT policies will state that 'within reason' personal emails/web browsing may take place. Ambiguous term, easy to tribunal out of.

SOMETHING I LEARNED TODAY: Stonehaven has a NIGHTCLUB?!