aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

None of it is really surprising, though the list itself has been manipulated well.

Pop music is all incredibly well marketed products, despite the product lacking in substance. That sort of music isn't really marketed towards people who really give a toss about music in terms of musicianship and integrity. They just want one of those songs with all the bass that they can grind to in a club, or whatever. I don't really understand why the particular blogger has made such a deal about it, because I don't believe anyone who is seriously interested in music has ever linked record sales in direct correlation to the quality of a band/song/record.

I'm baffled as to why anyone would get that upset over anything on that page. Especially when they're using examples like the Beatles and Elvis. They're hardly overlooked or under appreciated. They were as big as it's possible to be so the fact that some "lesser" act 50 years later has sold more singles doesn't really tell us anything. Except maybe that nowadays more kids today have 99p spare to spend on an itunes download than were able to afford singles in the 50s/60s.

• Upvote 2

Bieber fans take crazy to a whole new level.

DISTURBING bloody images have appeared on Twitter which appear to show wounds self-inflicted by Justin Bieber fans.

The hashtag #cutforbieber began to trend on the site as dozens of gory images were posted by fans to the singer to appeal to him not to take drugs.

Photos emerged over the weekend of the teen idol which allegedly showed him smoking marijuana.

One user posted a picture which appeared to show self-inflicted bleeding cuts to her arm and said: “you stop using drugs and we'll stop cutting”.

Screen-shot-2013-01-07-at-23237-PM-300x244_zps44396a95.png

Screen-shot-2013-01-07-at-2.38.49-PM-501x400.png

The Beatles fans were dubbed crazy back in the day. They were doing shit that was deemed utterly mental back in the day. I find it strange that he alone seems to be the target for abuse regarding how crap the music industry is at present. There are far worse offenders than him. See below.

The Beatles fans were dubbed crazy back in the day. They were doing shit that was deemed utterly mental back in the day. I find it strange that he alone seems to be the target for abuse regarding how crap the music industry is at present. There are far worse offenders than him. See below.

fuck off. this guy is brilliant. this is the song he sang at his market stall selling fish, it's not just meaningless drivel.

• Upvote 2