aberdeen-music

Summer work?

Moose

Hi ho people of these pages. I am currently desperate for full time hours this summer, while I am not at uni, which I cannot seem to find. I have experience in waiting, bar, kitchen, cafe, building site and even drum tuition work (worth a mention I guess). Does anyone work anywhere/know of anywhere that are looking for staff? I am generally a really hard worker and have been working constantly since I was 12/13, however I admitedly need the odd bit of flexibility for gigs.

Early mornings are the best and I like to lift things.

With the amount of people applying for jobs right now you're going to have a hard time unless you don't mention that you're at university, because I doubt anywhere will want to hire someone just for the summer...

good luck hunting, there is a new restaurant opening in union square and they're looking for commis chefs with no prev experience.

Hi ho people of these pages. I am currently desperate for full time hours this summer, while I am not at uni, which I cannot seem to find. I have experience in waiting, bar, kitchen, cafe, building site and even drum tuition work (worth a mention I guess). Does anyone work anywhere/know of anywhere that are looking for staff? I am generally a really hard worker and have been working constantly since I was 12/13, however I admitedly need the odd bit of flexibility for gigs.

Early mornings are the best and I like to lift things.

If you might be interested in a job at Next Bon Accord, I think we have an opening. Pm me if yr interested.

Also, if you have a driving licence I may have a job available at a wholesalers in Altens which is a pretty good job.

If you might be interested in a job at Next Bon Accord, I think we have an opening. Pm me if yr interested.

Also, if you have a driving licence I may have a job available at a wholesalers in Altens which is a pretty good job.

You sound like an Italian American "fixer".

"You want job? I'll get you a job. You want weemin, I get you weemin. You just ask and don'tcha worry your little face."

You sound like an Italian American "fixer".

"You want job? I'll get you a job. You want weemin, I get you weemin. You just ask and don'tcha worry your little face."

I only "sound like" an Italian American fixer in the same way I "look like" I have ginger hair.

Wow, thanks for your help a'body. Wasn't sure if anyone would care that I can't find a job. I should really have found one by now but I havn't had the time so I will look into all of these things. Summer work is something that is extremely important to my survival, especially with my 4th year coming up which will probably lead to me cutting back on my term time hours even more.

Wow, thanks for your help a'body. Wasn't sure if anyone would care that I can't find a job. I should really have found one by now but I havn't had the time so I will look into all of these things. Summer work is something that is extremely important to my survival, especially with my 4th year coming up which will probably lead to me cutting back on my term time hours even more.

I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us on this forum have been looking/needing a job at somepoint man, good luck with the hunt!:up:

That would be a decent gig, I reckon. At least you'll get a reasonable workout rather than sitting on your muffter growling at students all day

It's not bad to be honest. I took the job just after the recession became really bad and I am quite happy to stay here for the time being. You get a half decent look into d.I.y if you aren't that way inclined.A retail job that actually involves using your brain once in a while. Managers are gimps but aren't they everywhere. Hours aren't bad. Plenty of grafting if you want it. 20% discount. 5 weeks holidays if you're full time.

Plus I manage to find time to grump about the tax dodgers haha.

• 4 weeks later...

AECC seem to be looking for casual catering staff and such like. Just put your name and e-mail address into the wee box on their website and they should e-mail you with the number to call for the next recruitment thing.

There also seems to be a lot of new people starting as Domestics at the hospital, so you could always phone ARI and see if they're still looking?

AECC seem to be looking for casual catering staff and such like. Just put your name and e-mail address into the wee box on their website and they should e-mail you with the number to call for the next recruitment thing.

There also seems to be a lot of new people starting as Domestics at the hospital, so you could always phone ARI and see if they're still looking?

Cheers, min!

Hey, to everyone who enquired about the van drivers job, I'm afraid it has been filled! (Moose, givemeasmile, etc) Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but there was complications over the last guy leaving, etc.

There are temporary jobs at next going for the sale/sale prep in about 3 weeks time. Anyone want me to give them a friends and family form, give me a shout!