aberdeen-music

Dreams and the underlying cause and effect

Fast Caz

Right, I'm planning on having a kip tonight. Let's all meet up in my snooze and we'll have a right good wimpy punch-up. I'll probably land a reasonable flat palm slap on someone and then run away in slow motion.

I had a dream Jamie Carragher served me in Greggs last night. He was all like "eee lar" and made that noise that sounds like he's spitting when he pronounces C's and K's. They should saw Merseyside off, and just let it float away. Those hocking tones make me wish I was deaf.

Guest idol_wild

I frequently still get the school/missing timetable dream.

Then I wake up and realise that I'm actually thirty years old and my school days are very much behind me.

Then I cry a little bit. I fucking loved school.

I'm usually skeptical about whether dreams really 'mean' anything and can be analysed in depth. Strange that most of the recurring ones mentioned here I have experienced also.

- inability to run (usually on a football field or away from baddies)

- inability to inflict pain on opponent

- ability to float/fly (I do the breast stroke in the air)

- being back at school (I am always on the way to sit a higher but with the knowledge that I've got a degree and been working for years and am telling everyone "this is fucking stupid. I'm a man!")

There's a recurring place in my dreams with a series of rivers, winding mountain roads, a shopping centre with a massive car park and its own border control. I once lived next to one of the rivers with a talking seal who would catch me fish. There is also a black and white road side diner cut into the side of a cliff that I can never manage to get to. Good and bad things happen in this place but I am always aware not to reveal my true identity.

Oh, and talking babies. I've recently had loads of dreams about talking babies.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

So las night I dreamt that I was in the car with my brother and he drove his car into a very deep ditch. We got out of the car and unpacked all the amps and the drumkit from the back to make it lighter and get it out of the mud. Once done, he checked that we could get out but we couldn't because everything was closed up for the bank holiday. So we started packing all the gear back in when a pair of cops showed up. The female one hid behind our car door to take a pee. She then asked us about tattoos. She liked them and took off her jacket to reveal a little cut off shirt of Last Rites Tattoo Studio. Everytime she lifted her arms up, the shirt would raise and I'd catch a nice glimpse of some underboob. We went for a walk and she thought it we hilarious that I had Strongbow and Marlboro tattooed on my stomach and gave it a kiss. And that's all I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamt that I actually stole someone's iPhone, but then lost it, and then got a free one, and then someone accused me of it, and I let them check the iPhone, they discovered if def wasn't theirs, and I got away with it. I woke up feeling guilty as fuck. It really really sucked.

Dreamt last night that I got a phone call from Soda Jerk to tell me that Craig, bass player in DROSS, had died in a plane crash.

It's possible that other things happened in the dream but that's all that stuck after I woke up.

He's on holiday as we speak. I hope you haven't predicted the future, like that lass in Frasier.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Dreamt last night that I was havin sex with a beautiful girl who was very short. She had an elastic fanny, which was fun. Rolled onto my back to let her get on top. Which is when I woke up. Alone. With a 2p coin stuck to my bum.

Here's some old dreams that I blogged about as well...

went into specsavers at midnight to get new contact lenses. waited at the counter where all the staff were showing the last customer out the door. said i was in for lenses, and they were a bit annoyed cos they were about to close. said id come back tomorrow. one of the staff, a short girl with long black hair, really fucking pretty, said "this always happens to me" and looked at me. asked her what always happens to her as she walked out the door. went outside, asked again, she looked back, smiled and held out her hand. took her hand and we skipped up union street. gave her piggy back rides and small kisses on the cheek and stuff.

asked her if I was dreaming cos I hoped I wasn't, I'd fallen in love with her. she said it'd be fine.

woke up on the couch after kicking a can of cider over. bugger.

Another

So, I'm next to a swimming pool. Paul Gadd AKA Gary Glitter is the lifeguard. He's holding a syringe with green stuff in it. I keep going up to hima dn saying "i know your intentions paul, im not that stupid." and all he does is smile back at me with that stupid little fucking goatie of his.

next thing I know, im swimming and he's managed to come up behind me and inject me with the syringe. Everything starts to turn funny.

I wake up and my bedroom door is open despite the fact I remember closing it fully when i went to bed.

Couldnt get back to sleep after that. Fuck.

One more...

in dubai. in a hotel room. ive just witnessed sylvia saint shag a rich arab. he pays her, and I walk her out the room. but the cops have been called and she's to be arrestted and executed. i get her out down a freight elevator and drive away from the scene in a Nissan Patrol. As we're driving past, she puts her head down and we see the arab man getting shot, execution style, out the front of the hotel by the cops. get to a suburb of the city and get out. she goes to get a taxi to the airport and says "I'd give you my phone number or e-mail address, but I'm scared they'll find me."

then i woke up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Bit of a zombie thread bump, sorry. I've been having this recurring dream lately and its bothering me.

The setting changes every time but the details are always the same. In the dream I've killed someone weeks or months before and I've hidden the body. No-one suspects me yet, but the family have started sniffing around and trying to get the police to investigate further, and I'm really anxious because I think the net is closing on me and I'm going to get found out and go to prison. I'm sure it must have some sort of meaning. Its usually just some random, but last night I dream it was my girlfriend and I'd bumped her off and buried her body under my garden. It was actually pretty upsetting.

Anyone care to offer an analysis?

Bit of a zombie thread bump, sorry. I've been having this recurring dream lately and its bothering me.

The setting changes every time but the details are always the same. In the dream I've killed someone weeks or months before and I've hidden the body. No-one suspects me yet, but the family have started sniffing around and trying to get the police to investigate further, and I'm really anxious because I think the net is closing on me and I'm going to get found out and go to prison. I'm sure it must have some sort of meaning. Its usually just some random, but last night I dream it was my girlfriend and I'd bumped her off and buried her body under my garden. It was actually pretty upsetting.

Anyone care to offer an analysis?

your becoming a psychotic killer?