aberdeen-music

Dreams and the underlying cause and effect

Fast Caz

Having had the same recurring dream three nights in a row.

" sheep being run through a car production line in an outside yard but only to be decimated by the car parts. Then all the entrails being put into what I can really picture as a large pair pot being mixed. "

I've ran it through my head alot now but I'm intruiged as to what you folk might interpret this as.

I have noticed that when I have enjoyed the odd bag of weed I tend to dream less, probably due to being comatose but when I smoke it all and start to have a natural sleep, my dreams tend to be very peculiar.

Also anyone had a similar pattern / recurring dreams?

Yeah, I get recurring dreams and dreams with a similar theme to them quite often.

Apparently dreams are our mind working over things that we worry about or need to overcome in life. The mind has a weird way of working stuff out because my dreams are pretty fucked. Last night I dreamt I was screaming German at people in the rain, today it is sunny and I dont feel like screaming German.

I keep having dreams, at least on a once-a-week basis, where I get into a bit of a scrap. My dream self either does everything I can to avoid a violent confrontation, or literally runs away. If a fight ever does actually happen, I'm properly shit at fighting. My swing goes in slow motion, and they just duck everytime. I never kick either, where as in real life, if I was in a bit of a ruck, I'd never stop kicking. Kicking is mint. It'd be like that Chun-Li kick, where it just turns into a blur.

I don't know why my dream-self is such a fucking jessie. He deserves to get the snot punched out of him. Ponce.

Having had the same recurring dream three nights in a row.

" sheep being run through a car production line in an outside yard but only to be decimated by the car parts. Then all the entrails being put into what I can really picture as a large pair pot being mixed. "

I've ran it through my head alot now but I'm intruiged as to what you folk might interpret this as.

This would suggest a representation of the commodification and subsequent alienation of mankind in late-capitalist society.

Or, it's just a fucking daft dream.

:up:

This would suggest a representation of the commodification and subsequent alienation of mankind in late-capitalist society.

That's a fucking Ag song surely ha.

Yeah it is just a nonsensical bullshit dream but I liked it.

The impending capitalisation of the facilitated and chemically castrated ergo urban modulated crippled cattle ...... Core .....

No matter how hard I try, I can never run in my dreams. I can always jump really fucking high though.

I can run, but when I jump, I can't stop going up and eventually, when I do, I just float for a while trying to work out where I'll land. When I do fall, I either jolt myself awake, or randomly jerk in my sleep.

Guest Bob Knob

I can never hit people in my dreams. I always end up punching in slow motion while thinking "what the fuck". It's always at this point that I realise I'm dreaming, then wake up.

Also, I keep having REALLY realistic dreams that I've just won the lottery. Then I wake up and am like :swearing: for ages because I didn't win.

:popcorn:

Guest idol_wild

I used to dream about being involved in fist fights all the time, and I could never ever make decent contact with my punch, and I used to wake up really frustrated that I couldn't knock the fuck out of my adversary.

Apparently, recurring dreams about fighting indicates constant inner turmoil - some aspects of your personality or thought process may be in conflict with eachother. So to not be able to pack a punch perhaps indicates a feeling of helplessness surrounding your inner turmoil.

Or it could also just mean that you're a great big fucking pussy and possess the pugilist technique of a dead gnat.

I can never hit people in my dreams. I always end up punching in slow motion while thinking "what the fuck". It's always at this point that I realise I'm dreaming, then wake up.

I recently headbutted someone in a dream, and woke up mid-malky.

Needless to say, my forehead made contact with my pillow a split-second after I awoke...

I get dreams about not being able to punch or run properly. About forgetting my timetable and where im supposed to be at school, flying (which is awesome), spiders, and dreams where I think I'm awake and someone is in my house but I cant move my body. Also about needing to pee and peeing in strange places (I normally wake up and go to the loo after those). And then just random stuff which isnt recurring.

I get dreams about not being able to punch or run properly. About forgetting my timetable and where im supposed to be at school, flying (which is awesome), spiders, and dreams where I think I'm awake and someone is in my house but I cant move my body. Also about needing to pee and peeing in strange places (I normally wake up and go to the loo after those). And then just random stuff which isnt recurring.

I seem to jolt out of bed pretty quick if I'm having a peeing dream, through fear that I'm soaking my mattress through. Luckily it's never the case.

I've quite often had a dream where I'm at a strange amalgamation of school/college and I have never got my timetable so end up trying to guess where I'm supposed to be. I've not had it in ages so I'd be quite interested in what that means.

In terms of fighting dreams I don't often have them but I did have one a while back where for some reason I ended up fighting with a guy I have met occasionally at gigs and I landed loads of punches on him to absolutely no effect then he chinned me good. It was weird because he doesn't exactly seem as if he would be particularly hard in real life. I have no idea why this guy was involved as it's not as if I have ever had any sort of dispute with him...