aberdeen-music

Fopp moving to Belmont Street / Union St corner

ragudave

I think that's the difference Hobbes,

a dancefloor "mosh" (be they scary or not) are not "directed violence", it's actually a "dance" (but people can get hurt, yes)...

where as a shirt wearing ned coming up to your face and asking you for a fight IS directed and calculated...

I think that's the difference.

I bet most (if not all) of the people in the mosh, at the end of the night wouldn't say boo to a goose.

peep

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

i'm not correlating that with violence per se.

Look I'll tell you what, you guys carry on typecasting individuals and I'll just carry on not doing it, it's clear there's no point in carrying on these pointless prevarications.

I'm actually surprised I lasted this long without the obligatory 'ned-lover' insult.

shut up you ned lover.

(hopes people joke-filter switched on).

all I am saying is, I'd rather have blemont street with mellow student types, rather than money waving shirt wearing people.

(and that's not a stereo type, it's an observation)...how else can you describe someone ? with out saying what they look like ?!

i tend to stick to drummonds' date=' its funny watching neds get all confused when the live bands come on.[/quote']

lol... or dancing jakey's who always seem to be there.

I miss the good old days of the palace, not that i can really remember much of it apart from the good music and the dank... Dancing to Capdown was always fun too, shoomaloomanoomanu is just not the same.

I hate being on Belmont St. on Saturday nights just after closing when gangs of neds and nedettes come spewing out of the Priory (that place is so bad). I always end up seeing some ned moron starting trouble with either an indie kid or some other ned.

If FOPP moved there as well as inducing some competition...though I still suspect I 'd go to 1UP...it would also be another move in the right direction for Belmont street. Less ned-y clubs and bars...more cool stuff! Cavern, OneUp, FOPP, Drummonds and Kef...certainly would be a great street for music. How RnB's move up there as well...now that would be ACE!

• 1 month later...

Fopp is moving to Union Street -

All good things must to come to an end and so due to our relocation to Union Street, the store at 13 McCombies Court is closing down. As a regular customer, we are inviting you to a special preview of our closing down sale taking place between 6 and 8pm this Thursday, 26 August (The sale officially starts at 9.30am on Friday). Bargains will include 15,000 CD's on-sale at 3. As it's only a wee shop we expect there might be a queue to get in!

from an e mail from Fopp

that'd be cool. what happened to the cavern relocating? i thought they were meant to be moving to the vaults area ages ago.

Mike (as of last Saturday) reckons they will be opening in 4 weeks time in a real Cavern / the Vaults - all the records are on the shelves but just a few finishing touches to do.