aberdeen-music

Red Dead Redemption

Chris

Anyone else looking forward to this at the weekend? I was going to wait until payday but caved last night and ordered it after watching some of the trailers.

OK, it's basically just GTA in the wild west and doesn't look like it's doing anything particularly new but GTA in the wild west! What more do you need?

I have Red Dead Revolver which was pretty good, so GTA in the Wild West is old news to me...

But it looks like it could be a good sequel.

Used to have that. Good game, but no replay value. Hopefully they've done what they've claimed and made a much bigger game, with online modes and side missions to keep you interested. Me, I'm waiting til next week for UFC: Undisputed 2010

Used to have that. Good game, but no replay value. Hopefully they've done what they've claimed and made a much bigger game, with online modes and side missions to keep you interested. Me, I'm waiting til next week for UFC: Undisputed 2010

Totally agree about the replay value.

Visually it looks incredible. I've not had a go on it though. Just seen the missis play it. The slow-mo shooting thing looks ace. It'd be good if they did that for the driving+shooting missions on the next GTA, whenever that'll be.

Gun had slo-mo shooting, does this game just rip off Gun? it was like gta in the wild west. only shit. hmm.

Visually it looks incredible. I've not had a go on it though. Just seen the missis play it. The slow-mo shooting thing looks ace. It'd be good if they did that for the driving+shooting missions on the next GTA, whenever that'll be.

The mate I mentioned who worked for RealTimeWorlds said Rockstar offered to buy their game, APB, and just rebrand it as the next GTA, so guessing they haven't made much progress with their own.

Gun had slo-mo shooting, does this game just rip off Gun? it was like gta in the wild west. only shit. hmm.

Read Dead Revolver was released before Gun, so I guess it's more that Gun was a rip-off of that.

Anyway after 2 hours play it appears to be ace. Buy it so I can shoot you.

I'm becoming properly addicted to it. There seems to be a great balance of storyline missions and other shit to do.

Tried the multiplayer over the weekend and it's pretty ace as well. From wandering around free roam with a friend picking fights with other players and clearing gang hideouts, to the deathmatches/capture the flag games which begin with everyone standing in a circle for a last man standing shootout. Fantastic fun.

The best Western themed game I've ever played, and I've played Sunset Riders AND Mad Dog McCree!

Did you ever play Outlaws on the PC (cartoony FPS)? That was great fun and was my previous favourite wild west game.

I had a quick shot of my brother's copy. I didn't do any missions but I did hogtie someone who tried to shoot me and left them somewhere for the wolves. That's a hell of a lot more fun than just running folk over in GTA.

My favourite thing to happen so far is when I hit a curved rock and the game glitched and my horse did a sweet jump like Dukes of Hazzard.