aberdeen-music

We Don't Need Another Heroes

tv tanned

1. The Wire

2. The Sopranos (I'm up to season 5 now)

There is no doubt about those, nothing else really comes close for me (from what I've seen).

However after only 7 episodes Treme is already shaping up to join them at the top level.

I haven't seen Deadwood or Mad Men yet but I have a feeling I will like them alot based on what I have heard and who I have heard it from.

Comedies I would rank separately, something like...

The Simpsons

Seinfeld

Frasier

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Arrested Development

It hasn't really been mentioned but any list of best shows should also include The West Wing. It had a slight slump around season 5 and 6, but in general the writing and acting was superb throughout.

True Blood's first season was pretty great as well. Haven't watched season 2 yet. Should probably get around to that.

I'm working through it at present. It's even madder. Good though.

I watched the first couple of episodes of the 2nd series on FX HD and thought it was pretty slow to get going again and it was pretty muff/cheb-lite in comparison to the 1st series. I ended up giving up and i'll probably re-watch it on E4 when it returns on there.

The Wire fans should also check out The Corner. Not the same but I enjoyed it. Great characters (imho).

Liking The Wire... do I need to get The Shield? (havent seen any of it as yet)

Get the first two series at least. I'm one series into The Wire and thus far I prefer The Shield (not that The Wire isn't great).