aberdeen-music

We Don't Need Another Heroes

tv tanned

I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago, but when I started watching it - I had to watch from start to end (or up to date). Breaking Bad is a must see!

It's basically the guy that plays Hal from Malcolm in the Middle as a chemistry teacher who finds out he's got lung cancer and is going to die so starts cooking crystal meth to leave money behind for his family.

The only other one of these programs I've watched is Lost, which I'm still up to date with.

Breaking Bad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd never heard of it until a few weeks ago, but when I started watching it - I had to watch from start to end (or up to date). Breaking Bad is a must see!

It's basically the guy that plays Hal from Malcolm in the Middle as a chemistry teacher who finds out he's got lung cancer and is going to die so starts cooking crystal meth to leave money behind for his family.

The only other one of these programs I've watched is Lost, which I'm still up to date with.

Breaking Bad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saw one random episode of that - was pretty damn good

- Although it's a rather good sitcom, The American Office is in no way comparable in terms of quality to the original British version which is one of the most sublimely written, directed and acted pieces of television ever.

- Anyone who thinks television is an inferior medium to film is completely wrong (and I work in a cinema so I see a lot of them). I fucking love television.

:up:

- Columbo was better than The Wire/The Sopranos

- Britain still makes the best television.

o_O

I hear good things about Justified and Sons of Anarchy, wouldn't mind watching them but have three seasons of The Wire and two of Dexter to catch up on before I can even think about starting to watch anything new.

I'd recomment Sons of Anarchy, I've seen the first 2 series and really like it, can't wait for series 3 to start. I've seen the first 9 episodes of Justified and it's alright, nothing special so I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it.

Has anyone watched any Community? I loved it, the first comedy program I've watched in ages that actually made me laugh out loud.

Guest Motleyal
there are bad episodes of the wire?? ?(

No, there aren't any bad episodes of the wire, what i meant was that there was only about 3 or 4 episodes that arent up to the high standards of the rest.:up:

The first season of Heroes was pretty ace, but I lost interest during the second and haven't seen the third at all.

The Wire is just brilliant all the way through.

I'm only up to Season 3 of Lost but it's my favourite so far.

For more lighthearted stuff, I can rewatch 30 Rock and The Big Bang Theory to my hearts content.

The season 2 version of the wire song it the original.

Is it? I vastly prefer the version used in the first season though. It was an unpleasant, jarring surprise when the opening credits rolled in episode 1 of season 2 last night.

The 4:3 ratio is also fucking annoying but apparently that's a stylistic choice that stays through the whole run. Almost as bad as the Baltimore police still using typewriters for their forms.

Is it? I vastly prefer the version used in the first season though. It was an unpleasant, jarring surprise when the opening credits rolled in episode 1 of season 2 last night.

The 4:3 ratio is also fucking annoying but apparently that's a stylistic choice that stays through the whole run. Almost as bad as the Baltimore police still using typewriters for their forms.

I've never watched The Wire so had to investigate what you are on about, it's Tom Waits you philistine!

I'd rather not hear the other versions personally, I hate people fucking up his music, i.e. Rod Cunting Stewart

I've never watched The Wire so had to investigate what you are on about, it's Tom Waits you philistine!

I'd rather not hear the other versions personally, I hate people fucking up his music, i.e. Rod Cunting Stewart

I'm sure in it's own context it's a fantastic bit of music and I'd love it. But I got used to the version played in season one by Blind Boys of Alabama. In the context of the opening credits sequence that's what I expect to hear and it's quite jarring to have a different version with a different feel over the start of the show instead.

I'm sure in it's own context it's a fantastic bit of music and I'd love it. But I got used to the version played in season one by Blind Boys of Alabama. In the context of the opening credits sequence that's what I expect to hear and it's quite jarring to have a different version with a different feel over the start of the show instead.

By sheer coincidence some thoughts on the genius that is Tom Waits appear here -

Destroy All Monsters No2 Flares n Seagulls

:up:

Everyone loves a list, my top 5 American TV series:

1. 24

2. Entourage

3. The Shield

4. Prison Break

5. Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad, Mad Men and The Wire were too slow paced for liking. Loved both The American Office and The Office. My thoughts on Heroes are the same as everyone elses in this thread. Gave up on Lost. FlashFoward has been decent in parts but its probably best it isn't getting a second season. I've also enjoyed How I Met Your Mother, Curbs, How To Make It in America and the new V is bearable.

Got Homicide: Life on The Streets & Supernatural on dvd that i haven't watched yet.

Top three IMO would have to be:

1- Dexter

2- Entourage

3- The Unit

To be completely honest, not that many other American shows have really grabbed me, although I've yet to watch The Wire and Deadwood, which I've been assured I'll enjoy. Didn't include any sitcoms, because they tend to be good one week, shite the next, but Two & a Half Men would have to get a nod.