aberdeen-music

We Don't Need Another Heroes

tv tanned

What was the plot line of the episodes...was she the one that the captain dude married?

Correct. She was in the episodes "Our Mrs. Reynolds" and "Trash".

I love the end of this scene although it's quite sad.

How ace were the Firefly supporting cast?

Adam Baldwin (Currently in Chuck)

Morena Baccarin (Currently in V)

Alan Tudyk (I, Robot, Dodgeball and Dollhouse)

Summer Glau (Sarah Conner Chronicles)

Jewel Staite (Stargate Atlantis)

Gina Torres (Pops up everywhere, was in The Vampire Diaries a couple of weeks ago)

I was in the States when Firefly first aired, they showed the episodes out of order and on different nights and times each week, a very deliberate attempt to kill it I think. From what I have read I think Whedon had at least 2 full 22 episode seasons written (it only got half a season, killed part way through). Tremendous characters and it was just touching on the super soldier aspect of River (especially in Serenity), would have loved to have seen more.

As soon as I get into a series it gets canned, Dresden Files, Moonlight, Tru Calling, Sarah Connor Chronicles, I must be a jinx!

I see that a film spin off from the HBO/BBC series Rome is in the works with the key original cast as well set a few years after. Also looking forward to Spartacus and a very very naughty Lucy Lawless in it!

Correct. She was in the episodes "Our Mrs. Reynolds" and "Trash".

I love the end of this scene although it's quite sad.

How ace were the Firefly supporting cast?

Adam Baldwin (Currently in Chuck)

Morena Baccarin (Currently in V)

Alan Tudyk (I, Robot, Dodgeball and Dollhouse)

Summer Glau (Sarah Conner Chronicles)

Jewel Staite (Stargate Atlantis)

Gina Torres (Pops up everywhere, was in The Vampire Diaries a couple of weeks ago)

Yeah 'Firefly' is just one of those programmes that had a great cast and a great premise (although I suppose if you don't like Westerns or Sci-fi you would be fucked as it's an amalgam of the 2) and it's inexplicable that it died the way it did.

I only discovered it by a total random impulse purchase of the DVD set, was only about 13 quid or summat as well....

Firefly and TSCC being canned made me want to kill Fox and everyone involved (and I only discovered Firefly last summer through a friend, was genuinely upset after I watched the last episode). I'm a bit gutted about Heroes, the second season killed it by being pish, but the latest one was pretty good and the show seemed to be on the way back up. BBC news entertainment section said something about Tim Kring being approached about a movie to wrap it all up Serenity style?

Is that confirmed? That would be wonderful!

Seemingly the two main dudes (McKidd and Stevenson) have confirmed so presuming it will be sorting filming schedules out etc next. I think the script is sorted out now though so fingers crossed as all the main parties seem keen to do it.

Firefly was brilliant.

Nathan Fillion's current show Castle is also excellent, favourite moment so far is the Halloween episode where his costume is Mal's outfit from Firefly and his daughter complains Cowboys in Space was so 5 years ago...

Chuck is also one of the best things on TV, very glad it was renewed.

I loved the first series of Heroes, one of the most compulsive viewings I can remember, and yet the secod series was so incredibly disappointing that i have the third series on DVD but not actually watched it yet, and not felt too bothered to.

You would have to go a very, very long way to find a better theme tune than the Rockford Files though, the horn breakdown alone is godly.

Heroes started well but turned to pish, I'll stick with Stargate Begbie; key quote 'Its fuckin borin' in space withoot the cairds'*

*er, something about a crappy gate probably

EDIT If B5 were done with the production values of BSG then there is not a thing that could touch it. That said has anyone seen JMS' meisterwork Jeremiah, I'll pitch it to ya.

Luke Perry and Theo from the Cosby Show wander round a post apocalyptic quarry, er America, written by the guy who wrote Babylon 5, guest appearance from Jason Priestly!!

No takers?

Guest Motleyal

Heroes was great for the first series then disappeared up its own arse.

The Wire and Six Feet Under were amazing. There was probably only 3 or 4 poor episodes out of sixty in both shows.

Tim Buckely not caring about Heroes is pretty rich coming from a guy who makes a 'living' off of a VIDJAGAEMS webcomic that scintillatingly detailed his girlfriend's miscarriage in a multi-part arc...

I'm sure no writer for television (or other medium) has ever written about a personal event that effected them before. Ever.

coolsonic.png?1270504363

An...image...macro...(GASP!)

My...(cough)...greatest...weakness!

I'm sure no writer for television (or other medium) has ever written about a personal event that effected them before. Ever.

They tend not to write 'zany' webcomics or send picture of their penises to 14yr old girls either. Tim Buckley is an arse, but I'm derailing the thread and worrying myself with how much I know about a webcomic I dislike on the internet. Sorry, this was the wrong place to bring it up, but that strip makes my blood boil, which is I recognise is kind of pathetic on my part.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles was actually really good for the first season, but they faffed around with a ridiculous arc during the second, culminating in a terrible ending. Probably them ceasing to care, knowing it was being cancelled. Should've gone out strong.

Still think The Unit was VERY watchable. A really good show, Mack being THE MAN! Not seen anything beyond season 3 though.

Some views.....

- Although it's a rather good sitcom, The American Office is in no way comparable in terms of quality to the original British version which is one of the most sublimely written, directed and acted pieces of television ever.

- Lost is one of the few big-budget American dramas worth bothering about. Yes it's confusing, yes it's long but anyone who has persevered with it over the last 6 years and really gotten into it has to see that as 00's American populist-drama goes, it's pretty much unbeaten in terms of scope and sheer balls.

- Columbo was better than The Wire/24/The Sopranos/Any modern crime-drama you can name.

- Britain still makes the best television.

- Anyone who thinks television is an inferior medium to film is completely wrong (and I work in a cinema so I see a lot of them). I fucking love television.

Some views.....

- Although it's a rather good sitcom, The American Office is in no way comparable in terms of quality to the original British version which is one of the most sublimely written, directed and acted pieces of television ever.

- Lost is one of the few big-budget American dramas worth bothering about. Yes it's confusing, yes it's long but anyone who has persevered with it over the last 6 years and really gotten into it has to see that as 00's American populist-drama goes, it's pretty much unbeaten in terms of scope and sheer balls.

- Columbo was better than The Wire/24/The Sopranos/Any modern crime-drama you can name.

- Britain still makes the best television.

- Anyone who thinks television is an inferior medium to film is completely wrong (and I work in a cinema so I see a lot of them). I fucking love television.

Well said!

I'm hoping they make a 2nd series of Misfits, it was cracking!

Some views.....

The only reason they are comparible is because of it being a different take on it. If the American one had a different name, then there'd be little comparison as they have very little in common, apart from the poor first few episodes which tried to copy it directly. I still prefer the US one. I find it much more pleasant viewing. The British version is much more stomach churning, cringing sort of viewing. That's not a bad thing at all. It's just not as easy to take in due to Gervais' character being so overwhelmingly embarassing.