aberdeen-music

Heavy Listeners: Opinions wanted (pig destroyer, converge, cult of luna)

N.M

Right, finally got round to recording the guitar work for Evac. Just wanted to get folks opinions on my material.

No full band recordings, but the day shall come soon hopefully.

Our influences include those great bands in the title. Many others as well, but I don't have a scooby about the others. I'm sure Stu and Calum will have a bit more to say on that matter.

Anyways here's the link: http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/13080/

Any response with constructive-criticism or praise will be very appreciated.

N.M :up:

First song' date=' was a bit coppy, going one this to the next, and the middle bit was abit dull and went on too long.

Second song/riff thing, sounded must more interesting and easily worked on, well thats juts my opion.[/quote']

Cheers for the reply man.

I take on board what you said about the first song. As I said thugh, this is just the guitar shit. With drums and vocals on it, hopefully it will sound a little less all over the place and a bit more smooth. Unfortunately, there are one or two of our other songs that I would say fall into this catagory, but as I said, with the rest of the band, the stuff seems to flow well.

As for the second song, I think I can safely say it is a band favourite.

As I said at the beginning of this post, seriously appreciate your comments and the comments of other people who veiw this. I'm so pleased to finally be able to share some of the bands musical creations with people.

Come on! Must be more than two folk listened. I know for a fact that there have been more than two people who have downloaded a song, so there must be someone out there whose keeping their mouth shut!

Keep the comments rolling :up:

listened to first song. dont really like the intro, or the beatdown middle part. I can tell that the end part, faster, with soemd rums may work out a bit better though.

Second song is more along the lines of what I though Evacuating Heaven may be like.

I want a drum amchine or a drummer to start working on some of stuff. 2 piece grindcore. mwahahaha.

ok...i'll post up my thoughts on the 2 songs.

for no one:

dont like the intro. the notes dont seem to go together too well...the bit after that is far better. but things seem to go down-hill from there...but the ending stand outs though.

i think i'd be able to give a fairer review on this song if i heard it in-person. as the recording isnt of the best quality and the notes in the intro are too distorted for me to make out.

song 1.

like this alot better.

really really like the intro. very nice. very dark and atmospheric. :up:

was quite disappointed with the part after the intro...i was expecting something all out and loud. but instead was a more compressed quiter guitar sound. i'd probably just put this down to the mix of it thuogh...i expect it wouldnt be like that live. yes?

the sort of stuff i was expecting from you guys like someone else said.

hmm...sorry if all that didnt make any sense. i'm sure you get what i'm trying to say.

listened to first song. dont really like the intro' date=' or the beatdown middle part. I can tell that the end part, faster, with soemd rums may work out a bit better though.

Second song is more along the lines of what I though Evacuating Heaven may be like.

I want a drum amchine or a drummer to start working on some of stuff. 2 piece grindcore. mwahahaha.[/quote']

Grrr... It's taken me a while to think of something to say in response. TO be honest, our songs do not really come under one catagory musically.

Third song - This is kinda a bit noisecore-ish in places, and I really wish I could put it up, but I can't play it. Got a very rough recording, but it's got alot of mistakes in it, more than the others.

Fourth song - Kinda doomy, but breaks into trem picking near the end. The guitar work was originally meant as my attempt to make a song symbolising the end of the world, since Stu had a good concept for it, but it doesn't have the right sound for it unfortunately.

Using God For Bombs - One of my favs to play just because of the simplicity. This song is a mixture between punk and black metal. On this track the band switchs a bit, with Stu doing vocals and Calum on drums, which gives us a different sound altogether.

Song 6 - This one is currently in the works. Don't really know how to class it at all, but if my memory serves me correctly, we have blast beats underneath it.

Who knows why I just posted that, but just wanting to give people a slight insight into the stuff we've got.

As with all the others, cheers for the comments :up:

ok...i'll post up my thoughts on the 2 songs.

for no one:

dont like the intro. the notes dont seem to go together too well...the bit after that is far better. but things seem to go down-hill from there...but the ending stand outs though.

i think i'd be able to give a fairer review on this song if i heard it in-person. as the recording isnt of the best quality and the notes in the intro are too distorted for me to make out.

song 1.

like this alot better.

really really like the intro. very nice. very dark and atmospheric. :up:

was quite disappointed with the part after the intro...i was expecting something all out and loud. but instead was a more compressed quiter guitar sound. i'd probably just put this down to the mix of it thuogh...i expect it wouldnt be like that live. yes?

the sort of stuff i was expecting from you guys like someone else said.

hmm...sorry if all that didnt make any sense. i'm sure you get what i'm trying to say.

Shit, I had posted a reply to this and noticed that I had read it the wrond way round, thinking your first comment was on song 1 and the second was on For No One.

Relistened to the stuff I recorded and I must say I made a right fuck up of some of the bits on For No One. The repitition of the first riff that goes into the outro is completely fucked, to the point of just being a noise. Some of the intro came out wrong too. I personally put this down to me being a) excited to finally get stuff on the net, and b) the fact my nerve goes when I'm records. Fuck knows why, cause it's not like the computer gonna nail me if I fuck something up, but I still get nervous anyways. As for the quality, as you said, the quality of these recordings are pretty damn shit.

And all I got to say is wow for your veiws on Song 1. Out of the folk outside the band that I've let hear the guitar work, only two so far have said they like some of it. The bit after the intro when the distortion kicks in. Thats down to my pedals, because I never noticed that the level on one of them was lower than the other, which gave that dulling down. But it doesn't seem to be as bad when played in rehersals.

Cheers for posting your comments! :up:

Grrr... It's taken me a while to think of something to say in response. TO be honest' date=' our songs do not really come under one catagory musically.

Third song - This is kinda a bit noisecore-ish in places, and I really wish I could put it up, but I can't play it. Got a very rough recording, but it's got alot of mistakes in it, more than the others.

Fourth song - Kinda doomy, but breaks into trem picking near the end. The guitar work was originally meant as my attempt to make a song symbolising the end of the world, since Stu had a good concept for it, but it doesn't have the right sound for it unfortunately.

Using God For Bombs - One of my favs to play just because of the simplicity. This song is a mixture between punk and black metal. On this track the band switchs a bit, with Stu doing vocals and Calum on drums, which gives us a different sound altogether.

Song 6 - This one is currently in the works. Don't really know how to class it at all, but if my memory serves me correctly, we have blast beats underneath it.

Who knows why I just posted that, but just wanting to give people a slight insight into the stuff we've got.

As with all the others, cheers for the comments :up:[/quote']

Almost forgot, we also have a cover of Corporal Jigsore Quandry by Carcass.

Don't know about other covers, but I really want to do a cover of Cleanse by Bonesaw (or course :rolleyes: )

Guest Jake Wifebeater
if you like heavy grindcore' date=' you should check out godstomper, fucking ace, a drummer and a bass player, sounds like hell on hearth..

check it !

[url']http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/godstomper/

Damn right. Godstomper are a fucking amazing band, I have about 8 different releases of theirs. As for you Evacuating Heaven guys, get your shit together and we can do a gig sometime with you!

Guest Nikola Tesla
As for you Evacuating Heaven guys' date=' get your shit together and we can do a gig sometime with you![/quote']

That would be damn kool man, as these are really rough rushed recordings they arnt as acurate as they could have been, but thanxs everyone for the feed back we shall be working on these peices to try to get them nice n heavy before we gig. :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
* grabs guitar immediately and gets to work practicing *

:up:

Go faster, I tell you. Faster! More blast beats. More distortion. 30 second songs!

Just as a bit more food for thought, I'm away to record Song 3.

This will probably be mistake ridden cause I wrote something as I said earlier, I can't play it at the speed I want it.

I'll be sure to put up word when it's done.

I can see what you guys are doing' date=' would rather hear a completed version with drums, bass, vox etc but yeah keep up the good work. :up:[/quote']

We will hopefully have some material recorded as a full band by the end of August if everything goes according to plan. I'll be sure to inform folk when the time comes though.

Cheers for all comments so far folk! :up: