aberdeen-music

Wild Boar, what happened, what is replacing it?

freddie

Does anyone know whats happening with Chicago Rock/Budbar/The Rig?

Someone told me the 3 are being bought over and turned into a fancy hotel to rival the Raddison going in over the road.

Would be handy if they could advertise a final Charlies closing night, round up all the minks, bolt the doors and then dynamite the place off the face of the earth.

I can but pray I live down the road and if I have to drive through one more crowd of pissed up underage neds on a Friday night Im going to go nuts.

Imagine all the drunken mobile phone discussions that will go on as mates try to locate each other...

"I'm in The Pub"

"Aye but which one?"

"The Pub!"

"WHICH ONE!"

Repeat ad nauseum...

Y'think thats bad, should have heard the carnage in Liverpool when Ford launched a new model

'I wanna get a Ka

Yeah, wot type?

A Ka

Yeah, but wot type?

A fookin Ka' > fight> Harry Enfield

yes sir, that is my coat, how kind

Y'think thats bad, should have heard the carnage in Liverpool when Ford launched a new model

'I wanna get a Ka

Yeah, wot type?

A Ka

Yeah, but wot type?

A fookin Ka' > fight> Harry Enfield

yes sir, that is my coat, how kind

My chum is from Norfolk so pronounces car as ca, and we had this exact problem at the airport when she phoned the carpark where she'd left her car, as they send a mini-bus to pick you up. I think the glaswegian guy was just taking the piss out of her, they all gave each other a look when we finally arrived at the office and had to repeat it all again; "it's a ford ka..." "which type of ford?"

BP have an on-shore oil field called Wytch Farm in Dorset. Needless to say, when we're doing any work for BP around it, conversations last forever...

"So, Wytch Farm..."

"Which farm?

"Wytch Farm"

"No, that's what I'm asking you"

etc etc.

We're all stupid

My first proper date was in the Wild Boar. Nice Sticky Toffee Pudd I remember. I was last in there a few months ago and it seemed to be unsure what it wanted to be anymore, it had a games machine, a shit bar and no atmosphere, whereas before it seemed to gear itself to being a cosy place to have a few nibbles and some drinks in a group that was classy but not too formal.