aberdeen-music

Ibanez jet king

Localboylost

Aryt, just thought i'd ask if anyone's every played one of these? I've been thinking about buying one. The first 2 models they released seem to be good as i've read in many reviews, however i can't find any reviews on the latest model which is the one i was looking into buying, mostly because of there soap bar pickups.

I have the JTK2. It looks like this one:

jetking-jtk2bs.jpg

I didn't like the stock pickups, a little too fizzy. I swapped the bridge one out with a BK Warpig, which sounds incredible in the chunky mahogany, and the coil split button makes it extremely versatile now.

Might be wise just getting the one with humbuckers, as they have coil split switches, so you can have a single coil sound and a humbucker sound in the same guitar. I mostly use mine on the split coil setting, but it's good to have that versatility.

Plays very nice. Feels a little like a Les Paul because the body has so much girth, which makes it sound 'boomy', if that's a valid guitar tone adjective. I'll probably upgrade the tuners at some point, but other than that, it's a solid guitar. I'd recommend it, especially for the price.

Aye, I used to have the one Original Spies has now, and I pretty much agree with what he says. The ones with humbuckers can be nice and beefy sounding, and the coil taps let you dial it down as much as you want. I don't know if the soap bar versions give as much versatility.

Also even though the neck was pretty different to what I was used to with my Tele, I found it really really nice to play.