CJ1980

So my friend just had a cover up done there by Nick

-he showed what he wanted to do, incorporating alot of her leg

-she wanted it smaller just to cover up the old tattoo

-he said it was his art and that's what he wanted to do

-she said yes, but it's her tattoo

-he said yes but...I'm an artist

-She said yes, but it's my body and I want it smaller

-he said beckons do it smaller but it'd cost MORE?!?!

-despite putting a 50 deposit he charged another 170 for a relatively small tattoo.

Avoid. Like the plague.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the dude thinks he's better than he is. My opinion is based off of what I've seen on his page on facebook. The ideas are there, don't get me wrong, it just seems there is a kinda amateur-look to the tats. And I do know the style, as I am very much a fan of old school tats and artwork. His lines aren't straight!!

By no means should people be pressured into getting tats they don't want. At the end of the day, he is offering a service, and tattoo shops thrive off of word of mouth advertisement(as you can tell by this thread isn't exactly working in his favor), especially if they are small not well known shops. He should be doing what he can to cater to the customer and not have this "I'm the artist, I do what I want on your body regardless of your opinion" mentality. I've been tattooed by Uncle Allan, a world famous tattoo artist, and not once did he ever question what I wanted, or the size, and never did he use his stature as a well know artist to change what I wanted. He gave his professional advice if an idea wasn't going to work out, and suggested other ideas.. So I think Green is wanting to be something bigger than what it really is.

But judging by the pics on his facebook, he does have potential to be a decent tattooist, maybe it was a tad early to open his own shop though.

Think I'll definitely be sticking to Richard as for local tattooists goes. And I'll go out of city for any old school style tats I want as in Paul at Red Hot and Blue, or Uncle Allan!

If you haven't seen his stuff yet, check out his facebook page, someone posted it earlier, but I'll repost it.

Welcome to Facebook

• 1 month later...

I've had some work done by Nick as has my wife, from what I've seen he's not a bad tattooist (but I don't claim to have a hugely in-depth technical knowledge of tattoos) but I do know he's really, really slow. Some would call it being deliberate and being a perfectionist.. I call it slow. He was also a bit of a dick to a friend of mine when she was in asking a couple of questions - granted she doesn't have a clue about tattoos and was asking about getting script in white ink and the like, which I imagine as a tattoo artist might be somewhat grating, but no need to act like a snarky prick about it a mon avis.

I also know a guy who had a pretty shocking mis-spelling on a tat from Nick - 'Liveing' I believe was the offending spelling..

In all fairness, I'm told (therefore it must be a scientific FACT) Nick is dyslexic so you can blame either the subject for not checking his tattoo when he saw the stencil or Nick for not pointing out he can't spell and having someone check it..

Don't mean to slate the guy but it's a pretty shocking mistake to make..

xx

i went in months ago when they first opened to ask about some custom work

i have black and grey on one arm and was wanting a 'predator' fighting an 'alien' to tie in with that,

i showed the boy the tattoos i have

i asked about getting them to draw it up ie design me the tattoo, not copy on from a picture.

but the main guy didnt seem keen, he suggested the idea to the other boy who was drawing up some stuff and i got so much as a grunt from him. then the main guy proceeded to go on that he could do some nice skulls from flash

not what i asked for

i can understand maybe some people get cynical about getting tattoos if its their first and maybe take on a piece that might be too intense for a first timer

but i knew what i wanted and they clearly didnt help

i got my own private tattooist anyway to do my work for me :)

heres the latest

64319_440913829479_564969479_5159610_8164742_n.jpg

• 1 year later...

I got my tattoo fixed at green 64 a few weeks back and would go back there in a heart beat

Originally got my tattoo done 4 years ago at rapport and it was horrifically done. I bled out and it just looked hacket.

The guys at green 64 were great and did exactly what I wanted and more.

Would recomend them to anyone.