aberdeen-music

New Tattooist - Green 64 Tattoos

CJ1980

This man is a legend.

believe me he is far from it, i was that shocked at how he was acting i just sat there in disbelief. Even after i had paid the full quoted price for the tattoo he was doing, he had the cheek to txt me an ask for more money cause he was skint an i ended it there. Seen 2 other guys that he's did tattoo's for and 1 didnt ask for what he got, he was just talked around to getting it done cuse the guy Nick had wanted to do that design for a while. Shop wont be open for long, with Richard 100 yards away and very much proven.

super_hands - did you actually let him tattoo you when he was pished?

na did i hell mate but if you know your going to be doing a tattoo an giving an impression, i would like to think you would stay clear headed. I thought he was a decent guy but was wrong on so many levels. Just thought i would give people a heads up really cause i stopped him from doing too much an was able to save the tattoo by going elsewhere, a lot of folk wont get that chance.

no no no

First off, I always find it strange that people go out of thier way to say something bad about something but if it's good, then it's kept secret.

1) Lee did not get sacked, he walked out to find pastures new. He is a top notch guy, and did a large tattoo at the top of my thigh.

2) Nick is very talented, takes his time with tattoos and appreciates the old school style which is one of the most difficult styles to master because of it's simplicity.

3) I have a half sleeve by Nick, a very large tattoo which is actually a cover-up I originally got done at Draconian on my back and one on my foot and I will be getting ALOT more tattoos by him. His linework is very clean and he likes to use whipshading, a technique that I havent seen used around Aberdeen. All of his artwork is custom.

Take what opinions you will, but this is mine and I know alot about tattoos, trust me. I don't get the 'cliquey' crap that circulates Aberdeen when it comes to this sort of thing.

First off, I always find it strange that people go out of thier way to say something bad about something but if it's good, then it's kept secret.

1) Lee did not get sacked, he walked out to find pastures new. He is a top notch guy, and did a large tattoo at the top of my thigh.

2) Nick is very talented, takes his time with tattoos and appreciates the old school style which is one of the most difficult styles to master because of it's simplicity.

3) I have a half sleeve by Nick, a very large tattoo which is actually a cover-up I originally got done at Draconian on my back and one on my foot and I will be getting ALOT more tattoos by him. His linework is very clean and he likes to use whipshading, a technique that I havent seen used around Aberdeen. All of his artwork is custom.

Take what opinions you will, but this is mine and I know alot about tattoos, trust me. I don't get the 'cliquey' crap that circulates Aberdeen when it comes to this sort of thing.

Surely "simplicity" would suggest easiness, no? o_O

well that's all fine and dandy but...

WHY DID HE LEAVE THE BEER BOTTLE CAP ON THE FLOOR???????????

Surely "simplicity" would suggest easiness, no? o_O

No actually, it would not. Simplicity, when it comes to tattoos, means that you have no where to hide your mistakes. If its full of heavy shading & texture the linework can be piss poor and you'd notice it less. The simpler the design the harder it is to get right as it needs to be perfect.

I've got quite a few tattoos - some are by Nick, some done at Draconian and others by Tattooers from all over the world, and know a thing or two about what its and what isn't technically a good tattoo. I say technically, as I'm not going to judge what a tattoo is of, but how its done. I'm also not here to bash particular people or shops, but I am here to stick up for Nick & Lee who are a decent guys, good friends of mine and talented artists.

I'd like to invite you lot who are spreading crap about Green 64 & who has actually a tattoo by Nick to post pictures, please. Put your money where your mouth is.

No actually, it would not. Simplicity, when it comes to tattoos, means that you have no where to hide your mistakes. If its full of heavy shading & texture the linework can be piss poor and you'd notice it less. The simpler the design the harder it is to get right as it needs to be perfect.

I've got quite a few tattoos - some are by Nick, some done at Draconian and others by Tattooers from all over the world, and know a thing or two about what its and what isn't technically a good tattoo. I say technically, as I'm not going to judge what a tattoo is of, but how its done. I'm also not here to bash particular people or shops, but I am here to stick up for Nick & Lee who are a decent guys, good friends of mine and talented artists.

I'd like to invite you lot who are spreading crap about Green 64 & who has actually a tattoo by Nick to post pictures, please. Put your money where your mouth is.

i agree that people are entitled to their opinions, im only saying what i experienced and i would be very happy to post any pictures but as i said in a previous post, i backed out in time to get it fixed elsewhere. I have no doubt the guy can only improve but i had a very bad experience with him and wouldnt be in a hurry to go back. I also know a lot about tattooing so i know what im speaking about also, dont know the guy lee but when i was in draconian he seemed a decent guy though.

I started this thread as I genuinely wanted to know about his standard of tattooing as I really think hes a decent guy, nice studio, into my kinda thing etc etc. Lets just say that most of the people posting in this know a thing or 2 about tattoos as that seems to be everyones reply at the moment. The linework on the pictures I have seen on the work posted on Facebook is not of a standard I would be happy with. I have seen a couple of pieces by Lee that were decent.

Ok, I'll rephrase.

Simplicity means easiness.

I like your Search and Destroy one

Lee got sacked. Fact. If you want ill give you the exact date. You don't know shit.

'old school' is the simpilest style of tattooing to do due to the fact it's so so basic and totally flat colour. Again that's a fact, it's basically tribal with colour.

Whip shading isn't something new or hard to do, nick uses it because from what I have seen he dosnt know how to use grey washes or ANY kind of colour blending.

People will check out the work and make their own minds up

What?

2) Nick is very talented, takes his time with tattoos and appreciates the old school style which is one of the most difficult to master.

So, opinions that conflict with your own annoy you, but ass kissing and bias are ok?

Also, you have my vote, I'm glad someone who knows alot about tattoos stepped up to the mark, the world is such a confusing place, it's nice to know I can trust people when they tell me I can. Plus your name is tattooedchick so you must know your stuff.

• Upvote 1