aberdeen-music

New Tattooist - Green 64 Tattoos

CJ1980

New tattoo shop opened on the green.

Went in and had a chat with the guy who is really sound. Anyone any experience with his work?

Was in at Red Hot and Blue yesterday and they knew him but not his work so just seeing if anyones had work or known of work by him?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on myspace or anything like that where we could view his portfolio. When CJ and I were in the shop, he showed us some pics on what could be the oldest digital camera in use. He said he had a portfolio but it was at home! He had his own paintings on the wall, and they look pretty decent, if you are into that sort of old school flash style, which I am. But you can't really get a feel for the tattoo skill from paintings. I'm not the sort that just gets tattoos done by anyone..

Yeah I wouldnt let any of the guys at Draconian tattoo me let alone the apprentice!

Hmmm will just have to hope his work starts springing up on folks to see the standard. He seems to have decent taste/style so it would be good if his tattooing matched up!

Not sure John, think Callum was slagged.

I'm just curious about this new dudes tattoos abilities!

I like turtles.

i was never slagged

his tattooing, or scratching, abilities... managed to take 14 hours to tattoo a union jack in the wrong colours...does ''neo trad'' stuff like all the other scratchers..thats all i know

:popcorn:

Ah..maybe question answered right there then!!!

Not sure who I offended but it wasnt intentional, just merely stated a point, no reasoning mentioned why I wouldnt get tattooed there or slagging of anyone in the process...just wanted some info on the new shop!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Avoid this shop

new to this place guys an definitely have to warn you about this guy. I met him through a mate over a year ago an he was willing to do a tattoo i wanted on the cheap cause he was saving for opening the shop. First off i was stupid to just assume he was good, it took him 5 5-6 hour sessions (no joke) to finish a very poof tattoo that would have taken any proper tattoo artist 4 hours in total to finish. Every time he was at mine he was very rude an turned up pissed on 1 occasion an expected my partner to cook him a fry up to make him feel better then helped himself to my beer an left the bottle top on my livingroom floor. On top of all this claimed that all tattoo artists in Aberdeen are shit for some reason or another and that when he opens his own shop, he wont do shit lettering or names or anything he doesnt want to do an will deliberately over price them. He did work on a couple of other guys ive met an they were terrible, they just didnt realise it as they werent really into tattoos. Went to Draconian, Richards & Retro to ask them if they could fix the work he had done an they were all annoyed as apparently each shop had had a lot of people in asking for stuff he had done on them either redone or covered up. There is so much more i could say but just take this as a warning, i fell for him being nice but its all for face, spend a bit more an go elsewhere, at least you know your going to get a quality tattoo.