aberdeen-music

All you aberdeen-music scenesters are a right bunch of c...

Bigsby

Incidentally, I was moaning in Pet Hates about the poor quality of the myspace player.

Well, you can embed the Reverbnation player onto your myspace page and play the tunes at decent quality that way, check it out:

Dusty Valentino on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Feel free to add me as a friend too!

Bigsby, what's your association with Emma Forman and the obsession with Dumfries?

Well recorded:up:,when you remix the vocals you might want to look at how the bass is sitting in the mix,it lacks definition! IMO

Yeah, although it does depend heavily on what you are listening on. Computer speakers have really crappy bass for example.

B&W's...!

Ha, well fair doos. On both tracks I was playing my Japanese Squier Precision which has always served me well but I would say is a bit trebly fro my current tastes. As a result on Matty's Blues I had the tone rolled off half way and DOTR rolled right off. On DOTR in particular because it didn't have drums I wanted the bass to be more for "atmosphere" rather than a particularly distinct bass line.

Guest droid
Ha, well fair doos. On both tracks I was playing my Japanese Squier Precision which has always served me well but I would say is a bit trebly fro my current tastes. As a result on Matty's Blues I had the tone rolled off half way and DOTR rolled right off. On DOTR in particular because it didn't have drums I wanted the bass to be more for "atmosphere" rather than a particularly distinct bass line.

All good mate,a set of flat wounds with a piece of foam under the strings at the bridge end might work for you.You get the thud but with definition between the notes,it has worked for me with a p bass on country stuff in the past.

All good mate,a set of flat wounds with a piece of foam under the strings at the bridge end might work for you.You get the thud but with definition between the notes,it has worked for me with a p bass on country stuff in the past.

Nice one, might give that a try, the current strings have been on it for 10 years +. o_O

• 1 month later...