aberdeen-music

folk music

framheim

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago there was a folk thread on here, i may even have started it, and moderator dave or chris posted a link to a site that had heaps of trad songs on it with the tunes and everything. anyone know what it was or a similar site which has ballads with a recording of the vocal melody?

• 2 years later...

cool, i tried clicking the link in this thread earlier but got a not found error.  cheers frosty, till the next time i ressurect this thread looking for the other folk thread.  sheesh.

cool, i tried clicking the link in this thread earlier but got a not found error.  cheers frosty, till the next time i ressurect this thread looking for the other folk thread.  sheesh.

Aye, the upgrade has changed the address format so old links don't work. It's still all there, but you have to find it from within the new site to get the right address.

how were the staves?  i'm not sold on them yet.  rachel sermanni is awesome.

I was introduced to The Staves by accident at Loopallu last year. Was just walking past the main tent when they lured me in Siren-like, and I was stunned. Seriously good live, just perfect harmonies and quite charming. One of those unintentional live experiences when you just have to find out who the hell they are. The album came out a few months ago, it's brilliant  - some lovely lovely songs, although tbh can be a bit much to listen to the whole thing at once - leaves you craving something fast and noisy.