aberdeen-music

Retro games you have/still play

Proud I've still a healthy collection of mega drive games, but rarely play them or the good old ZX Spectrum (think there's around 50 games for that in a case under the stairs). Still got and occasionally go back to my old PS1 games tho and think it's fantastic that Playstation Store has classics like Rayman and Abe's Oddyssey available for download.

I've even got some rare stuff on PS1 like the Suikoden games and Legend Of Dragoon. Some others, like the Final Fantasy games, I keep and go back to in the run up to a new one coming out.

Any moments of gaming nostalgia/old games you remember playing on previous generation/antiquated consoles?

I have my Amstrad CPC464 with all the old school goodness - Jet Set Willy, Sabre Wulf, Bubble Bobble, Bubble Bobble - Rainbow Islands.

I also have my SNES, PS1, N64 and original XBOX. Until recently I had my old P166 to play Duke Nukem, Blood and Doom etc, but DOSbox sorts that out on my main PC so I was able to retire the old beast.

• Upvote 1

I have a Megadrive with about 150 games, an NES with about 70 games, SNES with about 80 games, 20 Master System games, plus an N64, an original gameboy, a gameboy colour, and a gameboy advance. I even have a Nintendo Super Scope!

Check out my cupboard of awesome.

97205276-a0ec386e9b5f079572eac40b6b4edd5f.4be495fc-scaled.jpg

97207370-86c3c15e2bd86593c9629a31dee4699a.4be49762-scaled.jpg

97209640-854bce8ba19bd5504f299465aee10c63.4be498fc-scaled.jpg

I have a Megadrive with about 150 games, an NES with about 70 games, SNES with about 80 games, 20 Master System games, plus an N64, an original gameboy, a gameboy colour, and a gameboy advance. I even have a Nintendo Super Scope!

Please don't encourage him haha

Used to have dreams about FTL Dungeon Master on the old ST/Amiga because I played it so much back in the day. Still play Hired Guns on WinAUE on aoccasion. Cannon Fodder too. Also, Megalomania. I really like the simplicity of older, dumber games now that I'm older and dumber. :up:

I really like the simplicity of older, dumber games now that I'm older and dumber. :up:

Like it.

Still remember playing Chaos on the Spectrum. It was fantastic and actually worth the load time, unlike Altered Beast - spent ages loading and then I'd die and have to wait what seemed at the time like forever loading the first level up. Never completed it until it came out on one of the compilations on PS2.

Like it.

Still remember playing Chaos on the Spectrum. It was fantastic and actually worth the load time, unlike Altered Beast - spent ages loading and then I'd die and have to wait what seemed at the time like forever loading the first level up. Never completed it until it came out on one of the compilations on PS2.

Chaos was (literally) magic! Being able to bluff your mates was so entertaining. The same programmers went on to do UFO (X-COM) Enemy Unknown which is another of my favourite retrogames.

97209640-854bce8ba19bd5504f299465aee10c63.4be498fc-scaled.jpg

Yup, knew you'd be into this thread. It's only a matter of time before you get a Virtual Boy, isn't it? :)

My collection spans Wii, DS, GBA, Gamecube, N64, SNES, Mega Drive and ZX Spectrum (fucking hell, 8 consoles!). All in good working order. Not a huge amount of games for any of them, just the ones you can replay happily for life. Anything involving Mario and Link takes up the bulk of the Nintendo stuff. Right, time for a bit of "Legend of Zelda: The Oracle of Seasons"...

:up:

I really like the simplicity of older, dumber games now that I'm older and dumber. :up:

QFT, there's a Nintendo Wii in the living room and while it's no doubt a fantastic machine, I just haven't got the feeling for it. Just in the process of setting up the N64 in the spare room at the moment for a Goldeneye session and to finally get round to Mario 64 (cheers Ape), still got the SNES though I'm nae sure it's in full working order. :down:

Oh, and I wish I still had my Amiga 1200. There were heaps of good games for it back in the day....

I think I must have over 600 games in my collection currently. My consoles include Commodore 64, Famicom/Famicom Disk System, Nes, Snes, N64, Game Boy/GBA, DS, Wii, Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSX, PS2, Xbox/360 and PC.

Probably nothing compared to Skull Commander's.

I have not done a 'stock take' for a while, but I still own and play, Dreamcast, Saturn, PC Engine, Neo Geo, Snes/Super Famicom, 3DO, Xbox, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, GB, GBA, as well as more recent stuff.

At the moment I'm playing loads of Saturn (mainly Street Fighter Alpha 2' and Clockwork Knight 1&2).

QFT, there's a Nintendo Wii in the living room and while it's no doubt a fantastic machine, I just haven't got the feeling for it. Just in the process of setting up the N64 in the spare room at the moment for a Goldeneye session and to finally get round to Mario 64 (cheers Ape), still got the SNES though I'm nae sure it's in full working order. :down:

Oh, and I wish I still had my Amiga 1200. There were heaps of good games for it back in the day....

Mine was a beast. 68020 accelerator, 6 MB RAM, HD, CD-ROM... :devil:

I never had an N64 but I very much appreciated Golden Eye back in the day. I've also got a modded Saturn for old skool shooters. Fantastic but my HD TV just can't do it justice, unfortunately.

Forgot about my game gear! Fuck all games for it tho.

Gonna be sorting through everything for moving in the next couple weeks, so I'll no doubt find a few I'd forgotten about. I'm setting up the second bedroom as a games room, so I'll be using as many inputs as poss on my TV so I can flip between all the consoles.

Fucking YES - It came on a cartridge with Klax, Commodore Soccer and some circus game.

Rep is well and truly deserved for that one.

Fiendish Freddy's big top o'fun!! (I had to google that)

Flimbo's quest FTW though! :up:

Anyone remember MJ's Moonwalker game?