aberdeen-music

Games you have completed on PS3 + Xbox?

Hog

On xbox 360? Not many, never seem to have the time to finish games before the next one comes out and grabs my attention. The ones I have finished have just been finished in the sense that I've seen the story through to the end, not got all the achievements. Haven't hit 100% on any 360 game yet.

Over the years on the Amiga, PC and original Xbox though I used to spend all my time religiously grinding through a game until it was finished. There should be some kind of support group for people who used to live like that and now have to admit "My name is Chris and I'm a casual gamer"

On 360:

Halo 3

Fable 2

Mass Effect

All I've played since November is a combination of Modern Warfare 2 and Rock Band 2 and I've barely touched the single player campaign/special ops in MW2, went with the multiplayer from day one and never looked back.

Of the games I finished I had a tough time with the latter stages of Halo 3 on the not quite hardest difficulty setting, the other 2 weren't particularly troublesome. If I went back to Mass Effect I'd pump up the difficulty though, I expect that would prove to be more of a challenge.

Main campaigns, not 100% achievements or anything, are these (gooing back a while):

GTA I, II, III, IV, Vice City, San Andreas and Episodes from Liberty City

Stronghold Crusader Extreme

Stronghold 2

Stronghold Legends

CivCity: Rome

Fallout 3

Prototype

Colin McRae DiRT

CoD MW

CoD MW2

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Half Life 2

HL2 Episode 1

HL2 Episode 2

Portal

C&C Tiberian Sun

C&C Red Alert 2

Project IGI

Mass Effect

Prey

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars X Wing

Star Wars Tie Fighter

Sonic

Sonic 2

Sonic & Knuckles

Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero 3

Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s

Canis Canem Edit

NHL 07 Dynasty Mode

Skate

Skate 2

Tony Hawks 1, 2, 3

Coolboarders 1 & 2

Mirror's Edge

Battlefield Bad Company

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Halo 3

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

and that's about all I can think of right now.

I'd like to see Ror (The Subtle Arts) try and reply to this thread.

I've completed countless games, I don't chase achievements though.

If you're talking the most enjoyable one then probably Gears of War on the 360. Campaign was fantastic and the multiplayer was the best. When it came out the graphics were stunning compared to the other things that were coming out at the time as well.

I have no clue, but I've trophies for 46 games on PS3. Some I got rid of before trophies were added for them, but kept the saves on my external hard drive. Left more than a few just shy of Platinum cause I can't be fucked hunting down, for example, the remaining 40-odd feathers in Assassins Creed 2. I'll have Platinumed Heavy Rain in another hour or so's play tho. :)

First game I made an effort to Platinum was Dead Space - awesome game!

A total pain to get everything on is Final Fantasy XIII - about 90hrs play time and still at 75% Ridiculous time spent earning money to mod stuff to get hard enough to beat last two optional bosses

• 2 weeks later...

Ach theres no point in listing everything I've ever completed, my gaming years go far to way back to even remember but I don't think I have ever started a game and not complete it. Oh except Ninja gaiden 2 that game is HARD.

As for 360 gaming every game I have played I have complete but not all 100% achieved everything, some games just asked too much to do that. Lost Planet comes to mind. I have over 40 xbox games at 100% done whether its the full 1000 or beyond and I have about 5 or 6 fully completed arcade titles. Theres still a few titles I'm working on (and have been for a while) that I have never finished.

Less than 1000GS till I hit 100k in total. Can't wait for Red Dead!

I've completely all the Tony Hawks games throughout the years, except for Project 8 cos it was too shit to go on playing.

That, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (which took a whole two nights) are the only games I've completed since Tomb Raider 2, and I had a walkthrough for TR2 :laughing:

Oh, I completed Tony Hawks Underground, but I cheated on the last level. I couldn't keep up with Eric's line, especially when he's grinding on fucking telephone wires. So I used the anti-gravity cheat and just bounced around, which worked. I quite enjoyed the storyline too. It was like a soap. You sign for a team, you go pro, but get back stabbed by your best mate, with a show down against him at the end, to prove who is the best skater in their tinpot town once and for all. Gripping stuff. Much better than Level 1: Score 1000 points. Find a video tape. Collect the letters.

Oh, I completed Tony Hawks Underground, but I cheated on the last level. I couldn't keep up with Eric's line, especially when he's grinding on fucking telephone wires. So I used the anti-gravity cheat and just bounced around, which worked. I quite enjoyed the storyline too. It was like a soap. You sign for a team, you go pro, but get back stabbed by your best mate, with a show down against him at the end, to prove who is the best skater in their tinpot town once and for all. Gripping stuff. Much better than Level 1: Score 1000 points. Find a video tape. Collect the letters.

Well that's the plot spoiled for me now! Seriously tho, what's the need for plot in a sports game? With stuff like GTA, etc, the plot drives the game (when not taking refunds from prozzies with a chainsaw) and makes you wanna shoot a rocket launcher wildly into a crowd containing the bad guy all the more. Obviously, the RPG genre has some games a lot of people would otherwise give up on if the story wasn't great, but in a sports game? What's the point?

Probably because they'd released 4 Tony Hawks games previous to the first THUG, where it was just a matter of scoring points, collecting letters that spell out Skateboarding terms, all in within a time limit. 5games in to the franchise, it needed something different. It's easily the best Tony Hawks game because of it, as different decisions you make effect the outcome of situations, like which sponorships and teams you sign to. Longevity and that. Same with the Skate games. They become more of an open-sandbox game, with more things to do than just skateboard.

I got the Fifa World Cup game last night. Won the World Cup on it already, with England obviously. Going to win it with a half-star team to get the Underdog achievement. So many shite countries to choose from though. I'll probably have to go for the Bahamas, or Turkmenistan.