aberdeen-music

The Unthanks at The Lemon Tree

The Unthanks plus Hannah Peel

Thursday 3 June, doors 7.30pm (first onstage 8pm)

15/13 + bf

The Lemon Tree

Music as tough as it is gentle, as ancient as it is modern, and as coldly desolate as it is achingly intimate.. a sensationally graceful sound that can be epic and subdued, dreamy and specific, as well as supernaturally ancient and defiantly modern Paul Morley, Observer Music Magazine

"Intimate, epic, overflowing with feeling and musical intelligence" The Independent

"Once in a blue moon type of every now and again, you hear music that is so complete, so wonderful, unique and yet familiar that it stops you in your tracks. They have that blue moon magic about them, and they have it in spades" BBC Music

"They are like the morning dew that hasn't steamed off yet, they are fresh and new and I really don't think they know how good they are" Robert Wyatt

• 3 weeks later...

Next Thursday, peeps.

If it's any consolation the band did feel very guilty about cancelling their last gig (we interviewed them for our member's newsletter), but they admit it's the sort of opportunity you have to grab with both hands.

Fantastic tunes, superb musicianship and a charming stage presence - well worth going out on a school night for.

That's kind of adding insult to injury, after they cancelled the last show to appear on Later.

I'm boycotting this (despite being a fan) unless I get a personal grovelling apology from the band (this is a cutting off nose to spite face tactic, but I'm good at that).

Alan is a man of principle, he turned down TV appearances on Shammy Dab and The Art Sutter Show so he could go ahead with scheduled gigs at Eagles and Aitken's Bar.

Alan is a man of principle, he turned down TV appearances on Shammy Dab and The Art Sutter Show so he could go ahead with scheduled gigs at Eagles and Aitken's Bar.

Fair play to the man, and I'd be lying through my teeth if I was to say that I didn't respect that a whole lot more!

All the same I also respect The Unthanks decision - it really depends on the artist and how they view their music. Professional music can be ruthless and often opportunities such as the one they were given only come around once.

Hey, as Omar says, "it's all in the game".

Fair play to the man, and I'd be lying through my teeth if I was to say that I didn't respect that a whole lot more!

All the same I also respect The Unthanks decision - it really depends on the artist and how they view their music. Professional music can be ruthless and often opportunities such as the one they were given only come around once.

Hey, as Omar says, "it's all in the game".

No problem with them having to make that decision and taking the opportunity. It's all to do with how you (or they) go about it. The original gig just disappeared from APA's web site with no explanation or apology. I emailed their manager directly to find out what was going on and got no reply. AND the promoters web site was still selling tickets even after it was cancelled. All wrong.

This wouldn't put me off going. They were sublime at Fence Home Game.

No problem with them having to make that decision and taking the opportunity. It's all to do with how you (or they) go about it. The original gig just disappeared from APA's web site with no explanation or apology. I emailed their manager directly to find out what was going on and got no reply. AND the promoters web site was still selling tickets even after it was cancelled. All wrong.

This wouldn't put me off going. They were sublime at Fence Home Game.

Can't apologise enough for that one, mate. Though of course any tickets sold externally were not our doing, we take full responsibility for not informing those interested who hadn't purchased tickets of the cancellation.

Thanks for the feedback - shall pass this on to our team.

On a more positive note hope to catch you there!

Just wondering, are tickets from the cancelled gig valid for this one? I've still got mine, which probably isn't very clever of me.

Take the ticket down to the box office at Music Hall and we will give you an exchange - we are open 9.30am - 6pm Monday - Saturday. You will need to do before next Thursday as you won't be able to do it on the door.

Hope this helps.