aberdeen-music

Cashing a Cheque in Aberdeen

geo1903

Bit of a random request really. I've a cheque arrived today for my business and the customer needs the goods sent asap. Unwilling to send the stuff out without the cheque clearing (obviously, as its a new customer) so I call my bank (RBoS) to see how long it will take to clear. Six working days they tell me (wtf), which, will cause an `issue` if I wait that long before sending the goods out.

So, is there a quicker way to get this payment cashed or banked? I know there is a money shop in Castlegate I think, but no doubt the charges would be hefty as the cheque's for just less than three and a half grand.

Bit of a random request really. I've a cheque arrived today for my business and the customer needs the goods sent asap. Unwilling to send the stuff out without the cheque clearing (obviously, as its a new customer) so I call my bank (RBoS) to see how long it will take to clear. Six working days they tell me (wtf), which, will cause an `issue` if I wait that long before sending the goods out.

So, is there a quicker way to get this payment cashed or banked? I know there is a money shop in Castlegate I think, but no doubt the charges would be hefty as the cheque's for just less than three and a half grand.

yo, let the cheque clear. six working days is how long it takes to physically send the cheques to rbs cheque centre, then to the issuing banks cheque centre and back again to say it's all ok. cheques are an old process which is why they're being done away with as customers expect faster methods of moving money around. most banks are set up to send and receive faster payments now so you should ask your customers to send you direct payments into your account if they demand quick goods(so long as you don't mind giving them your account details).

the funds should be in your account and available to draw on from the 4th working day after you deposit the cheque but the cheque can still bounce up until the 6th working day after you deposit the cheque. to be on the safe side always wait 6 working days after you deposit a cheque before counting the funds as yours, if you spend it before then and the cheque bounces you can end up in a mess.

the only time a cheque at rbs will clear faster is if it is issued from an rbs account and is paid into an rbs account held at the same branch.

yo, let the cheque clear. six working days is how long it takes to physically send the cheques to rbs cheque centre, then to the issuing banks cheque centre and back again to say it's all ok. cheques are an old process which is why they're being done away with as customers expect faster methods of moving money around. most banks are set up to send and receive faster payments now so you should ask your customers to send you direct payments into your account if they demand quick goods(so long as you don't mind giving them your account details).

the funds should be in your account and available to draw on from the 4th working day after you deposit the cheque but the cheque can still bounce up until the 6th working day after you deposit the cheque. to be on the safe side always wait 6 working days after you deposit a cheque before counting the funds as yours, if you spend it before then and the cheque bounces you can end up in a mess.

the only time a cheque at rbs will clear faster is if it is issued from an rbs account and is paid into an rbs account held at the same branch.

I didn't read all that. All I saw was this bit...

yo
and then made this face...

o_O