aberdeen-music

Squier Strat Advice Wanted

I have dug out my Squier Strat and having done some minor research it looks to be a Japanese Silver series model dating from 1993/94, 'O' serial number....it's in sunburst with maple neck and only has a couple of extremely minor dings, the worst being on the back.

Can anyone advise what a fair price would be for this?

I guess you should be looking at ebay or maybe ask over at the excellent TDPRI, but Japanese Squiers in general, and Silver Series guitars in particular are highly regarded, and therefore I would make a stab at about 200.

Might be difficult to get that in Aberdeen though, best thing you could do to maximise your cash would be to stick it on ebay with lots of hype about it being one of the last Japanes Squiers ever made etc.

I guess you should be looking at ebay or maybe ask over at the excellent TDPRI, but Japanese Squiers in general, and Silver Series guitars in particular are highly regarded, and therefore I would make a stab at about 200.

Might be difficult to get that in Aberdeen though, best thing you could do to maximise your cash would be to stick it on ebay with lots of hype about it being one of the last Japanes Squiers ever made etc.

Jings, just goes to show I should look into things better...

Anyone know if Bruce Millers or anywhere do any sort of trade in deals?

Jings, just goes to show I should look into things better...

Anyone know if Bruce Millers or anywhere do any sort of trade in deals?

I'd imagine trade in price would be far less than what it's actually worth (as they then have to try and sell if for it's real value and get a profit).

I got a pittance for an ESP I traded into R&B a few years ago after failing to get any interest selling it myself. If you can sell it privately you'd get a much better price than trade in.

I've sold a few - A Rick 4001 copy to Denmark (Fed-Ex) that was a pain in the hoop to send. Cost 60 quid.

Sold a couple of other basses and a twelve string acoustic and they all went Parcel Force - about 25 quid for the tracked delivery thingy. That was a year ago though. All had cases and went in boxes (if doing this online, you'll need dimensions and weights, although I guess-timated it) that a mate working in a guitar shoppe squared away for me. Also, you can never use too much bubble wrap.

Parcelforce cannot be recommended for sending musical instruments - they recently changed their insurance policies - you get the base level of cover for the service you pick and you are not allowed to take out additional cover. express48 only gives you 50 cover, express24 is 100, expressAM and better give you 200.

I use Interparcel to send instruments these days (who sub a lot of their stuff out to UPS it would seem). It's simple - package it up, measure/weigh the parcel, fire in the details, choose level of insurance, pay, print out labels, stick labels on package, they'll come and pick it up. Simples. Even their economy service got there next day the last time I used it. 14 to post a bass including 250 cover.

Parcelforce cannot be recommended for sending musical instruments - they recently changed their insurance policies - you get the base level of cover for the service you pick and you are not allowed to take out additional cover. express48 only gives you 50 cover, express24 is 100, expressAM and better give you 200.

I use Interparcel to send instruments these days (who sub a lot of their stuff out to UPS it would seem). It's simple - package it up, measure/weigh the parcel, fire in the details, choose level of insurance, pay, print out labels, stick labels on package, they'll come and pick it up. Simples. Even their economy service got there next day the last time I used it. 14 to post a bass including 250 cover.

Will be avoiding Parcelforce in future then. That said, I used Interparcel not so long ago and they managed to damage the bass amp I sent to a guy in the South of England. They did pay compensation (after lots of photos were sent in of the packaging) but somehow it wasn't really the point.