aberdeen-music

Going On a Date

Oedo 808

What I was getting at was dates that didn't involve the whole drinking alcohol thing, so yeah, Kilau is fine.

Nah, man. You're approaching this all wrong. Go out for drinks-alcoholic ones- and make sure the girl gets totally shitfaced.

This way you'll probably get to finger her in the bathroom of a Pizza Hut. Sure, this is considered by many liberal nutjobs as a bit rapey but it's a surefire way to get yourself some action.

What I was getting at was dates that didn't involve the whole drinking alcohol thing, so yeah, Kilau is fine.

It's getting summertime. Maybe a nice park or the beach would be a winner.

(avoid Kilau on Tuesday nights. It usually gets overrun by the RGU Christian Association at 9pm.)

You could do an art gallery + cinema combo. Throw some lunch into that and you've got a decent date. Crop activities as required and advance straight to cinema if it's not going so well... then you don't have to talk to them ;)

F**k paying a bird into the cinema if it's not going well....7 quid better spent on yourself!

:up:

If it's a good day, a walk on Balmedie Beach.

You can explore the dunes and take in the natural beauty.

Maybe you could stray as far up as the Ythan Estuary and catch sight of some seals.

Then after that....a good fingering in one of the old WWII gun emplacements.

Sorry :O - the first 3 sentences stand though :up:

I'd go with Lester's drinks/cinema idea. Start at Kilau for a coffee/snack, then head to the Belmont Bar for a wee splash of alcohol before heading upstairs for a good film.

Alternatively, if it's earlyish in the evening, a walk from the Bridge of Don, along the river, then over the Brig O' Balgownie, into Seaton Park/Old Aberdeen etc before landing up for some well-earned drinks at the Blue Lamp. Then go to Kilau for the coffees.

Both evenings could end with drunken debauchery/fighting in Drummonds and a sweet parting vomit-tinged kiss :kiss:

Is this a first date? Then dinghy the minigolf/beach idea. That's more of a third date thing, showing your carefree, daft side.

First date...I do love Kilau but you really don't want to go to a place where you're going to have to do stopnchats with familiar faces every five minutes...makes it tough to get a conversation flowing. I'd go someplace like Chi. You can get a nice coffee, if it's going well graduate onto drinks/some good (but not superformal) food. I prefer avoiding activities on the first date; it's very easy to come over as a pretentious twat at an art gallery if you don't really know her. For a first date, anyplace that is not too loud, not too busy, and where you can get some decent, uninterrupted chat. Chi always works for me.

And, knowing Bob, it'll be very hard for him to pull off the 'sensitive arty type' thing; play to your strengths!

If it's a good day, a walk on Balmedie Beach.

You can explore the dunes and take in the natural beauty.

Maybe you could stray as far up as the Ythan Estuary and catch sight of some seals.

Then after that....a good fingering in one of the old WWII gun emplacements.

Sorry :O - the first 3 sentences stand though :up:

genuinely thought these were innuendos at first but the brutishness of the following sentence ruined that. :laughing:

i could never do the date thing i don't think. i get too nervous and talk about myself non-stop then i appear like a self-obsessed narcissist which is really n.... wait a minute..

Satrosphere and walk along the beach to Fittie then lunch in the Silver Darling, follow this up with Bowling, dinner at TGI's then Cinema. That's going to be kind of expensive...

More seriously, you probably want to start with a coffee to get the chat rolling then go off for some activity - Art Gallery is always good as it makes you look like you might possibly be cultured in some way. A wee wander round One-Up or something to get an idea of music taste. Dinner somewhere then a gig.