aberdeen-music

Montrose Music Festival 28th-30th May

We applied for it but no success DENIED

Think they could make it alot better, don't think theirs any bands from Aberdeen or Dundee, some bands are on 3 times over the course of the weekend.

Alas I think I'm recording that weekend but going to try and make it to sharkys on Friday to behold TOKE and probably LATE LANDING (sic)

apologies for being factually incorrect, I was trying to say the same as this,

Wow, pick of the Aberdeen music scene eh...

Nothing to really attract people from outwith Montrose to go along when they can see the same standard of cover/shite indie band in every other pub up and down the country.

Aye, it's hardly the type of line up that will give you a colossal hard-on, but there are some decent finds in there, and the fact that it's free can't really be argued with. As long as the weather isn't rubbish, I expect to make a decent weekend of it.

Warden - I'll likely be at the Friday gig, mainly to catch Vegas Speed Scandal.

The music festival in Montrose is a great event. I have enjoyed the previous years alot. Weather does help with the atmosphere but its actually good that you can go into pubs you usually wouldnt for running into assholes and have a good time.

My band Retract The Accolade are playing the friday night at Sharkeys and a longer slot on the Sunday in The Star. If anyone who is popping down to check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Only made it along on Saturday as things transpired, but had a good time venue-hopping nonetheless. Cover bands aside, the only horror outfit were the lot at the Ash with a female singer who had a decent voice but couldn't hold an actual note for tuppence, it was bad chat (I'd still pork her, FWIW).

Highlight has to be the white-blonde bint screaming I'LL MEET YOU OUTSIDE SHARKYS down her mobile whilst walking up the high street, and being subjected to some vicious heckling....