aberdeen-music

Places to Eat

Coming up the road in a couple of weeks and would ideally like to take the parentals out for a bit of dinner.

Any recommendations?

Probably in the realm of Indian or Chinese food I reckon. I was in a place halfway down Crown Street not long ago where the curry was grand but I'd like to try somewhere else.

Cheers in advance peoples.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saigon's great.

If you want a really, really good chinese then you won't get much better than Royal China on Holburn Street.

For Indian then Light Of Bengal is superb, Cinnamon is also top notch and a bit different from normal curry houses (if you choose this option go for the specialties not the familiar classics on the menu).

Yep....it was a lunch I had at their old place....a great experience, although I assumed the wasabi sauce stuff was a mayonnaise, and had a big dollop!!!!

BIG mistake! their wassabi is rather brutal! One of their waiters is friends with my manager, last night he was talking about the sashimi they have on the menu just now, i was almost drooling! Think i'll pop in before work tonight :up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

chinese - sam's on king street (best in town for me so far)

indian - light of bengal

japanese - yatai or yorokobi by cj (new restaurant opened by the guy who ran the sushi stall in the indoor market)

Has anyone been here yet? His stuff in the market was ace, would rather support him than Yo Sushi any day too...

Had lunch there today with Mr B. Very tasty and much nicer to have the Korean beef (bulgoki?) served on a sizzle plate rather than the polystyrene take-away boxes of the market days...

Guest Motleyal
Chinese - The Manchurian

Indian - The Shahbaaz

Italian - Ciao Napoli or Rustico

Can't argue with the above choices.

The manchurian on causewayend is excellent. My wife and i used to go there a lot when we lived off george street.

I used to really like the Braided Fig, anyone know if it's still there/any good? Coming up next weekend so fancy eating out. Used to quite enjoy the Meze platters at Moonfish too. Also curious to try Chef Jang, any idea what his opening hours are? I see the website isn't up and running yet.

Braided Fig is still good, was there not long ago.

Braided Fig is still good, was there not long ago.

I'll second the Braided Fig, was there for lunch recently and it was brilliant. Watch out if you decide to leave a tip though, they automatically add a service charge to the bill anyway.