aberdeen-music

Fantasy Record Label

Stephen

Here see how this goes down. You are offered to start a label and buy fives bands to start you off. Probelm being that you are given stipulation on each band that you sign

1. first band has to be very established band. 3 albums or more and very well known by most in the comunity/genre.tag they are part of

2. second is the popular new band. not released more 2 albums but have had phenonmenal succes so far

3. third band is dedicated following band. a band who in total have sold lots of records but over a period of time. mainly only bought as i say by their dedicated following

4.fourth is a uk band. no more stipulation that that.

5.fifth is the next big thing. the band who have yet to be noticed but you believe are about to explode

only other stipulation is the band have to still be a band at the present time and not split up

soo, who would you sign?

1 - Aerosmith (Purely because I love them)

2 - Kings of Leon (They look good and they've got some soul in their music)

3 - The Cramps (They've got a pretty well-established and long running career, and they actually remember how Rock and Roll should sound.

4 - The Manic Street Preachers ( In the vain hope that Richey might re-appear and they'll once again be great)

5 - Spacehog (They're pretty well established and have been goign for awhile, but I don't know very many of the 'next big thing' type bands so that's as close as I'm getting)

Oh, and my label would be called "Bourbon Soaked Hotpants Records", and it would have a fantastic logo featuring a hot fifties-esque pin-up girl pouring a bottle of Jack Daniels seductively down her tasteless leather hotpants.

I've just been humming along to Cruel to be Kind for the last ten minutes. The opening "ooh's" on In the Meantime are just divine aswell.....

Thinking about it, I've placed them in the totally wrong area of my record label, they've been on the go for like ten years and they've probably missed their chance at being the next thing by about 5 years. Still, good band though.

Guest stuartmaxwell
1. mogwai

2. pelican

3. godspeed you black emperor

4. electric wizard

5. macrocosmica

label would be called "Rise of Fire records" or something cool sounding like that.

that is a fucking ace rosta of bands

1. lamb (established)

2. the mars volta (success under two albums)

3. oxes (dedicated following)

4. oceansize (uk band)

5. laeto (next big thing)

the label would be called "cunts"

this is a great thread! :up:

Guest Nikola Tesla
What about Pig Destroyers split albums. Not forgetting that Painter Of Dead Girls is out.

It means albums proper, not rairities compos, and the splits are e.p.s not albums

2. second is the popular new band. not released more 2 albums but have had phenonmenal succes so far
It means albums proper' date=' not rairities compos, and the splits are e.p.s not albums[/quote']

Where does it say that.

But I take you're point nonetheless, they haven't been released through a label.

Although Painter Of Dead Girls is debatable.

It means albums proper' date=' not rairities compos, and the splits are e.p.s not albums[/quote']

I thought Pig Destroyer had 3 albums proper - 36 Counts Of Battery, Prowler In The Yard and the new one...??

Mine would be:

1. Sick Of It All

2. Every Time I Die

3. The Hope Conspiracy

4. Tribute To Nothing

5. The Bled