aberdeen-music

Kaddish LP

Huw

I've just received 111 copies of the brand new Kaddish self-titled LP. Kaddish are a great Dundonian band have been around for almost a decade and definitely have a more angular/unique take on emo/screamo/hardcore than several other bands of this ilk. Moments of utter intensity intersect other moments of jangly guitar lines and desperate vocals.

10 tracks clocking in at just under 40 minutes. Will cost 6.50 with wholesale prices for distros etc. Lovely 4 x A4 insert with lyrics, song ideas and other philisophical musings that make a pretty interesting read.

There will be download codes packaged in with the LP too - so really no excuse not to buy if you're into it! Still to sort out how I'm actually going to take orders and such like, but that will all be done in the next day or so.

In the meantime, head to Autumn Jams and have a listen to a couple of tunes from the album and check out the (cover) artwork.

Thanks a bunch for reading.

Ok so I've sorted out Paypal now.

If you'd like to order one of these lovely records, email autumnjams[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk (make the subject KADDISH LP all caps) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Postage costs are as follows according to the Royal Mail website:

First Class stamps 2.24

Recorded (Signed For) First Class stamps 2.98

Second Class stamps 1.95

Recorded (Signed For) Second Class stamps 2.69

Probably go with 2nd class to keep costs down. An extra 4% charge for paypal unfortunately. :(

They will be available at all Autumn Jams and Carson Wells gigs too. Open to swaps and trades providing I like the stuff, as i'm looking to get a wee distro going.

GO!

I've just received 111 copies of the brand new Kaddish self-titled LP. Kaddish are a great Dundonian band have been around for almost a decade and definitely have a more angular/unique take on emo/screamo/hardcore than several other bands of this ilk. Moments of utter intensity intersect other moments of jangly guitar lines and desperate vocals.

These are big words but i don't know what they mean. Is it angry music? sounds terrifying :help:

These are big words but i don't know what they mean. Is it angry music? sounds terrifying :help:

Sorry. I was trying to be succinct and give a fiar description! FAIL.

I would say less anger, more passion! Nothing to be scared of though...

Go to the bandcamp and listen to one of the tunes if you get a chance and you'll maybe see what I mean!

What Ross says is true, totally great record.

I was gonna take a photo, but the one Jay took is much better:

Kaddish s/t LP out now! (Page 1) - record swapping / band gear for sale - Collective Zine : the C board

I'll be tanning one off you shortly Huw.

Despite Seagate's preoccupation with making drums sound like martial arts sound FX, these tunes are great! Their last gig in Dundee was an absolute fucking belter.

You can't deny the tune. Just hit me up at the email man!

• 2 weeks later...

As not a lot of these are going to shift through individuals buying them I will be trading a lot of them off. Essentially I will have a bit of a distro going, which will be updated HERE with new stuff that has come in every so often.

Go listen/buy please!

I need to buy one of these sharpish. The recordings sound so slick for this sort of music. Especially the drums. The drums sound like they were recorded in a stadium.

Do you work in town? I'm always carrying about copies, so I could meet and we could exchange money for goods? This goes for anybody else too.

Got my copy this weekend. It is the canine's testicles.

Are you AS? If so, sorry for the posting delay. Glad you enjoy it though. Did the download code work?

YOU'LL BE LOSS, I'LL BE LOVE.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just put up a live recording of Kaddish from a couple of years ago at the balcony bar. These are 7 of the 10 songs featured on the LP and are all great. Some pretty mint heckling thrown in there for good measure.

Free to download/stream. Give it a listen.

I still have tonnes of LPs left over still and am happy to sell or trade for things I like.