Metal Lyrics VS. EMO Lyrics

Guest .NoExit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest highroller
Go on then.

Any guy I know would totally agree' date=' I have one frend whos into emo and he is actually homosexual. The mere thought that your questioning my knowledge of music is laughable as I bet I would walk all over you in an indepth musical debate.[/quote']

one word if i'd have said that...

raped.

although to be fair i wouldnt have said that...it was pretty gay!

• 1 year later...

personaly i think metal wins, i mean seriously check out some of phil anselmos lyrics (sorry for the spelling)

Suicide note part 1

Cheap cocaine, a dry inhale, the pills that kill and take the pain away

Diet of life, shelter without, the face that cannot see inside yours and mine

[Pre]

When I'm hiding, when I need it,

it lets me breathe,

for our handle on this life, I don't believe

this time

[Chorus]

Would you look at me now?

Can you tell I'm a man?

With these scars on my wrists

To prove I'll try again

Try to die again, try to live through this night

Try to die again.....

Forever fooling, free and using,sliding down the slide that breaks a will

Mothers angel, getting smarter, how smart are you to regress unfulfilled?

It's a damn shame, but who's to blame?

I'm emo' date=' alright. And it's not a bandwagon. We just have a lot of emotion and have been hurt. It's a hard life. It's not a choice we've made. It's what we were given.

*melts*[/quote']

oh dear god, how did I miss this thread before?

You all know me by now, so you know what I might say to this kinda thread - but since we all know anyway, I'll leave it to your imaginations...

Guest Page 99
Emo lyrics and music is a pile of shit.
Right boot oppresses me' date=' making it impossible to breathe / One foot placed on my neck, and the others welcoming / Complaints go unheard, a simple task / Not make believe, would make them see / .. / Majority rules, both hands outstretched / With no attempt, and they dont reach / The status quo was planned to make up a place for me / The working class denied, shown for the last time / You took more from me than I gave you.

[/quote']

^ said excerpt taken from an 'emo' band. Not exactly whiney interpersonal lyrics, non?

Guest Page 99
Emo is for insecure pussies who need someone to whine along with them and metal

This ^ made me think of this quote from a 'Fuck... I'm Dead' song: "Metal , the substance of strength and honer!"

Congrats. You have once again shown yourself to be a stunning example of why metal is considered to be as much of a joke as 'emo'.

Guest Page 99

Whatever you choose to believe mate. Yaphet kotto do a lot for the d.i.y. scene in America, and have very positive politcal and personal messages, they quite often play with some pretty mental bands too.

Just thought i'd show that not all 'emo' bands whine and complain and that some of them try and use their music for positive ends.