aberdeen-music

Metal Lyrics VS. EMO Lyrics

Guest .NoExit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your mother wins.

but seriously' date=' there are examples of great lyrics throuh most if not all genres of music, so why just pick these two? because it's 'controversial' and there's a chance of an argument? plus where do you draw the line? you could get...egads...emo tinged metal...

:p to you all.[/quote']

Applause from one and all lil' lady.

haha' date=' I love the lyrics in metallicas 'master of puppets' album: WAR!!!!!!

Most emo bands sound angsty, and I don't like angst. On the other hand, screaming is shit also.[/quote']

Screaming is in both Lyricks tho...

exactly, what's wrong when we emo kids can't afford the latest converse sneakers (yes, sneakers because WE'VE ALL BEEN AMERICANISED) and want to write a song about it, but instead of them it's their friend who couldn't afford the shoes. We're too introverted and shy to speak of our own poverty.

errr yea where to start with pickin that apart *bangs head*

Go on then.

Any guy I know would totally agree, I have one frend whos into emo and he is actually homosexual. The mere thought that your questioning my knowledge of music is laughable as I bet I would walk all over you in an indepth musical debate.

Go on then.

Any guy I know would totally agree' date=' I have one frend whos into emo and he is actually homosexual. The mere thought that your questioning my knowledge of music is laughable as I bet I would walk all over you in an indepth musical debate.[/quote']

and this proves what?

oh yea that your opinion is better than mine :up::rolleyes:

gotcha...only on aberdeen-music

Goddamn.

Emo. Girls and heartbreak with a tinge of vengeance.

Metal. Out-of-this-realm doom and gloom with dreams of freedom from something, anything.

Stereotypically one gets the audience crying, clutching their painted sleeves while the other has the neanderthal listeners attempt to physically beat seven shades of shit outta one another.

So, really, the whole argument is fucking stupid. I enjoy both genres but I knew I was gonna enjoy reading this.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Tricky choice this, let's take it one cliche at a time(tongue-in-cheek, OK?)

Metal : sexist, macho metal meatheads, the majority of which are slavering, snorting, knuckle-dragging troglodytes whom intelligence has bypassed.

Emo : snivelling, whinging, spoilt little crybaby brats who can't shut up about their angst, turmoil and the all-consuming inner pain they feel due to their extreme over-sensitivity, caused by a serial failure to gain any form of sexual gratification from another human being.

Neither wins. Both lose heavily.