aberdeen-music

World Snooker

Sam 45

This is poor quality for a final. Both players positional play has been questionable and none of them can see out a frame with any conviction.

Have to agree but its an intriguing watch, still think Robertson will win it, he just keeps that slight lead.

The other thing that annoys me with commentators is how they say about every bloody player 'oh he never gives up'.

Hopefully Thorne will be out the commentary box for the final frames - enter Mr John Virgo snooker commentary gold!

Have to agree but its an intriguing watch, still think Robertson will win it, he just keeps that slight lead.

Yeah he is looking capable of keeping that edge but two frames is not a big enough advantage. Dott could easily find himself level in a few frames time.

That's Virgo in now i think!

right, i'm back from work and got the snooker on. Glad to see there's still a fair few frames left. How slow have they been playing?!

The general standard of play this year has been poor. A whole lot of easy pots being missed.

the afternoon session was only six frames so that gives you an idea! I agree I think the standard of this years competition has been pretty poor on the whole. No players seem to be able to perform consistently. wish the rocket was in the final he wouldnt be putting up with this shit... well depending which rocket turns up of course!

I have to say I like a tactical battle but this is getting beyond a joke. This is what snooker used to be like much more when I first started watching it in its 80's heyday apart from of course alex higgins and jimmy white. The game needs a lot of life injecting into it!

the afternoon session was only six frames so that gives you an idea! I agree I think the standard of this years competition has been pretty poor on the whole. No players seem to be able to perform consistently. wish the rocket was in the final he wouldnt be putting up with this shit... well depending which rocket turns up of course!

Something goes missing every time Ronnie gets knocked out early I think. He can provide that spark of magic and as long as he's in the tournament other players are running scared.

It's been good to see some of the younger crop coming through. Selby in particular looks extremely talented, he's got an inventive approach that I like. That safety shot against Dott (I think) where he played a cannon to dislodge a pink he'd need later in the frame was great.

I have to say I like a tactical battle but this is getting beyond a joke. This is what snooker used to be like much more when I first started watching it in its 80's heyday apart from of course alex higgins and jimmy white. The game needs a lot of life injecting into it!

Totally....but these are 2 guys known as decent break builders!

the only reason it's degenerating into this tactical farce is because they're running scared of making mistakes. Robertson is taking fucking forever on every shot.

Man the fuck up and play your natural games lads.

Something goes missing every time Ronnie gets knocked out early I think. He can provide that spark of magic and as long as he's in the tournament other players are running scared.

It's been good to see some of the younger crop coming through. Selby in particular looks extremely talented, he's got an inventive approach that I like. That safety shot against Dott (I think) where he played a cannon to dislodge a pink he'd need later in the frame was great.

I think thats a good point about Ronnie, he blows so hot and cold he's always exciting to watch even when he's throwing a strop and playing shit cos next frame he'll out of nowhere bang a massive break in.

Both players seem edgy and nervous which is understandable but even under the crucible pressure of the final session this is a poor game due to the amount of misses and lack of decent break building. I think a Selby Robertson final might have been a better spectacle. But hey ho shall stick with it till the bitter end!

Seriously? Robertson opens up the red perfectly with the black and blue on their spots and he makes a giant break of 9.

I was posting and not paying attention and couldnt believe it when i looked at the telly and he'd fucked the break up, the balls were there for the taking!