aberdeen-music

World Snooker

Sam 45

looking like another scrappy frame, depends if dotty manages to worm his way out the snooker. mind you neither player looks like getting a break of 50 at the moment!

think the higgins selby late finish record (something around 10 to 1) is under threat!

looking like another scrappy frame, depends if dotty manages to worm his way out the snooker. mind you neither player looks like getting a break of 50 at the moment!

think the higgins selby late finish record (something around 10 to 1) is under threat!

Apparently the 1983 Cliff Thorburn vs Terry Griffiths match went until 3:51am...and that was only the 2nd round!

Dennis Taylor came out with some good commentary about how Robertson isn't playing his normal game and it's really spoiling things I feel. Robertson has been handed chances he would normally get a winnable frame break from but he's playing ridiculously slow.

He took the piss earlier when he took nearly five minutes pondering a shot only to put Dott back in! I'm beginning to want Dott to win now!

Guest Gladstone

I conked out with still 4/5 frames to play.

I was actually finding it quite entertaining because the snooker was so shit, if that makes sense.

Robertson was totally playing within himself, to the point that Dott looked like the more exciting player which is ridiculous. But Robertson's long potting is just mental at times. If only he could have potted some straight pinks, he'd have been laughing...

Ronnie was in incredible form earlier on in the tournament, but by fuck he looked ready to shoot himself didn't he? He looks like he's about to enter a bout of depression to be honest, which is a real shame. A guy with his talent should be beating Hendry's record of world titles, but it's sadly never going to happen. He should probably have beat the record by now, because he's been by far and away the best player in the world for about 10 years.

I wasn't able to watch the final as I couldn't find a decent stream online, however it sounds like I might have been spared a horrific ordeal.

Have there been any classic matches this year? I don't think I've heard of any.

I did however see a picture of Robbo's mum :up:

Davis v Higgins, Robertson v Gould. I would like to see Stephen Maguire return to form soon.

I think the tournament tailed off towards the end, it always loses an edge when O'Sullivan gets knocked out early. Davis's run was memorable but it was a disappointing tournament on the whole and an awful final.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
really enjoyed the power snooker tournament at the weekend, reckon it might catch on ala 20/20 cricket. O Sullivan will piss on the opposition though!

I only caught a few snippets, but to be honest I think that format is taking it a bit too far in terms of trying to rope in more supporters by short formats (dread to think what a 6/6 cricket international or a twelve lap GP would be like).

Probably a bit old fashioned, but if the sport you are involved in requires hefty doses of patience and an attention span, don't try and soften it up to try and rake in the . Not naming any Barry Hearn's, but these people are cunts.

:down:

• 5 months later...
Guest Gladstone

Anyone been watching the snooker? I've not seen much of it, but keeping an eye on results. Sneakily watching Higgins v O'Sullivan just now. Higgins keeps leaving O'Sullivan in amongst the balls and O'Sullivan might as well just pick the balls up and place them in the pockets using his hands...

6-4 O'Sullivan, looking like 7-4 in about 4 minutes' time...

From what I've heard O'Sullivan has been hitting a bit of serious form - he's not missing anything at the moment, and looks like he's got a bit of a spring in his step.