aberdeen-music

Idlewild Celebration Thread (Splitting Up)

Christy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladstone

Idlewild are a band that largely passed me by for one reason or another. I only own a couple of their albums, and it's a couple of albums in my collection that I've barely listened to.

I did go along to the Music Hall gig a few years back with my mate, and was absolutely blown away. That's by far the best live performance I've seen from a band that I don't really know. I find it difficult to get into a live band when I don't know the songs, but it was absolutely stunning.

I saw them again at Wizard Festival last year, and my memory ain't great - I don't even think I was pished for it, but for some reason it isn't sticking in my memory. I remember the Charlatans much better (who were fucking ace).

But, I will at some point get all the Idlewild albums, because I'm sure they must be good, judging by the live performances that I saw.

The solo Woomble performance at Lemon Tree a few years ago was great, and the Drever, McCusker, Woomble gig last year at LT was absolutely incredible. That bird that supported looked amazing too... ;)

• 4 weeks later...