aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro @ AECC 25th November

Chris

Biffy may as well be Snow Patrol. Their recent output is Godawful; it seems as if they got tired of grinding it out in small venues to a limited audience and limited record sales, and went all Major Label and Radio Friendly. I'm surprised by the amount of leeway afforded them; their fans are obviously a tolerant and loyal bunch in the face of a massive decline in the quality of their output.

They're doing it through their website store, log-in to access it, im sure it will be doable somehow, but alternatively you just need to sign up to "Team Biffy" on their site which is free and takes 2 seconds.

I don't think their website can handle the traffic. My mate tried to get tickets for the Glasgow gig yesterday at 9am when they went on sale, he said the website crashed and by the time he actually got back onto it the pre sale tickets had sold out.

btw - can sign up today and then buy.

standing only i presume.

will wait til they are available on box office for free pick up or delivery for 70p.

oh well, maybe not, abdnboxoffice has 6 registered delivery, no option for free pick up, boo.

even with lower 2 booking fee still makes it 1 more than ticketmaster...

I don't think their website can handle the traffic. My mate tried to get tickets for the Glasgow gig yesterday at 9am when they went on sale, he said the website crashed and by the time he actually got back onto it the pre sale tickets had sold out.

Weird, I completely forgot about them going on sale, stumbled on at some point on Wednesday afternoon and got tickets no problem. Weird.

On a side note, just on the way back from seeing them in Blackpool, they did play the whole new album (except ...Quarry) but also played a good dose of old stuff, Jaggy Snake (with the vocalists from Rolo Tomassi) being a personal highlight. Didn't play that much from Puzzle except the singles really. Fucking blinding gig.

I went to the Perth gig. It was a great gig. like one of the posters above, it is my son that's the fan. We went with a couple others (also fans) and it seems that the set list was a good mixture of old and new. Going by the reaction of some of the other people there I can see how they have a lot of new fans out there. Match and Captain got everyone going, whilst others seemed more obscure the a lot of the folks there. Tight with a great sound. Now using a second guitarist (to be honest I didn't see what he was contributing to the overall sound.

Recommend going to see this.

If you get "golden tickets" (my friend had one for Perth) make sure you get to the front of the queue as there's not much time with the actual band to get photos etc.

cheers

B