aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro @ AECC 25th November

Chris

I havn't even heard the new album but I'm assuming its pish (based on the singles I heard). Vertigo of Bliss is probably one of my favourite albums though so I will probably go to this. Massive show like! I saw them support Deftones at Braehead about 6 years back and it was surreal seeing them on such a big stage in a big venue as I was used to seeing them in the Forum in Aberdeen.

Could be good/could be not that good.

I havn't even heard the new album but I'm assuming its pish (based on the singles I heard). Vertigo of Bliss is probably one of my favourite albums though so I will probably go to this. Massive show like! I saw them support Deftones at Braehead about 6 years back and it was surreal seeing them on such a big stage in a big venue as I was used to seeing them in the Forum in Aberdeen.

Could be good/could be not that good.

I go through stages of liking them, then hating them.

the single they have out now is alright, and so is mountains and theres no such thing as a jaggy snake.

I think the last time I saw them was at the Lemon Tree with Eska for some Radio 1 evening session gig.

Puzzle wasn't as good as it's reviews suggested but the singles were pretty decent and the same goes for the new stuff so I'll definitely try and get to this.

I think the last time I saw them was at the Lemon Tree with Eska for some Radio 1 evening session gig.

Puzzle wasn't as good as it's reviews suggested but the singles were pretty decent and the same goes for the new stuff so I'll definitely try and get to this.

They've come a long way since playing with Dos Dedos at Lava :jester:

Wow, Biffy Clyro really are one of the biggest sufferes of "they were good back in the day" aren't they?

Every single person that speaks to me about them saw them in a small venue / pub / broom cupboard / their back garden years ago and think their new stuff is terrible.

I've always thought they were shite!

They've come a long way since playing with Dos Dedos at Lava :jester:

Christ, I remember that gig. I was still at school, so I feel right old now.

I'll see how poor I am when I come back from America. If there are still tickets on sale I might go along since I haven't seen them since the 'Infinity Land' tour.

Christ, I remember that gig. I was still at school, so I feel right old now.

I sympathise with you, I remember being on the school bus one Friday afternoon when someone handed me a scratched cd-r of blackened sky, it was love at first listen. :love:

It doesn't even feel like it was that long ago, even though it was probably 7-8 years ago 8o

I saw them at the last SECC show. They put on such a good performance but after seeing them at the Barrowlands at the tale end of last year I've decided to give myself a break from seeing Biffy live. The set was just loaded with new material (obviously) but only about 5 old tracks (roughly) just isn't enough for me!

Didn't they play Bodies at that gig though? That sort of made up for it.

My show had...

Justboy

There's No Such Thing...

Glitter and Trauma

Hero Management

Joy.Discovery.Invention

Just not enough for the amount of material they've got!

I will go and see them again one day. Just once the 'Only Revolutions' and 'Puzzle' time has calmed down!

The thing is, its not that all their new stuff is bad, some is great.

But to me to jsut smacks of producers and record companies diluting excellent ideas until they are radio friendly.

That and the live sets these days pretty much always leave out the vertigo of bliss and infinity land, and only justboy and 57 from blackened sky.

What would i prefer to hear live: who's got a match, or eradicate the doubt...

hmmmm.....

edit: that said, they did play now the action is on fire with a string section the other year in dunfermline, so there is always hope.