aberdeen-music

Electric Guitar for a beginnner...which one??

ballaterquine

:kiss:

If anyone's interested the Pacifica is still in the charity shop on Rosemount Place (the one near Esslemont Avenue).

I'm OK for guitars but next time you're passing could you see if they have any nice second hand pants for sale? Skids aren't a problem, they'll go that way soon enough anyway.

Squire Jazz bass...

Sorry to steer this slightly off topic, but are these any good? I'm thinking of picking up a bass to learn but I am reasonably clueless when it comes to basses. I've already been playing guitar for years. I noticed the Vintage Modified Jazz bass, it's one of the few that are available left-handed. I probably wouldn't want to do too much with it, just play at home and eventually maybe practice with some friends.

Sorry to steer this slightly off topic, but are these any good? I'm thinking of picking up a bass to learn but I am reasonably clueless when it comes to basses. I've already been playing guitar for years. I noticed the Vintage Modified Jazz bass, it's one of the few that are available left-handed. I probably wouldn't want to do too much with it, just play at home and eventually maybe practice with some friends.

I'm sorely tempted by one of these:

Squier VINTAGE MODIFIED TELE BASS | DV247

Yum!

Classic Vibe ones are supposedly very good, don't know if they come in lefties though.

Yeah, they look lovely too, the sonic blue colour is tasty. Well, if it is possible to switch them to a left-handed configuration like Jan suggested, then I might just try to do that. I definitely amn't competent or confident enough to try that myself but if there's somewhere that could do it at a reasonable price then I reckon I'd be sold. (Maybe that all-knowing guitar tech from ShutterSpeed could take a look at it for me.)

Alternatively, I was thinking of taking a few lessons anyway, I wonder if I could train myself to play right handed.