aberdeen-music

Electric Guitar for a beginnner...which one??

ballaterquine

Can any of you kind people give me some advice? My 12 year old budding rock chick daughter is quickly mastering her acoustic guitar and desperately wants an electirc one...but what should we get her? Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to buy some crap thing either? Under 200 would be the budget.... Any suggestions? :up:

Sandra

Sandra, if you do decide to get her a squier, do not get it from Argos or any catalogue place like that. They are the poorest Squiers in my experience and not as good as you will get elsewhere.

Also, if you're going down the route of an electric guitar what are you doing about amplification?

Squier Telecaster. I've been playing for 15 years and I still gig and record with my Squier Tele, plus I've just bought another one. You can get them brand new for about 140. They're easy to play, don't have a fiddly floating bridge or anything like that, plus they look cool as fuck.

I'm still tempted to buy the Avril Lavigne signature model.

0301010506_xl.jpg

I started playing guitar 14 years ago and I still own a Yamaha Pacifica 112. Great little guitar for what you pay for it.

That's my recommendation.

Me n'all. I've owned 3 different Yamaha's in my life. My first was an Argos ERG superstrat, which is now the victim of an absolutely atrocious Van Halen paintjob underneath a mountain of stickers. The second was some rare Japanese thing which looked like a standard Pacifica, but had a Floyd in it, and a super thin body. It had the most amazing racing green finish, but I couldn't get to grips with the Floyd unfortunately. The 3rd is sat in the bedroom. Natural alder finish, with a Ramones sticker on it. Haven't touched it for a while, but it's boss.

I think the Custom II that Original Spies posted would be pretty ideal if she wants a decent black guitar. They're dead versatile and will hold its value a bit, whereas she'll find herself struggling to flog a spiky Ibanez/BC Rich down the line.

Even Robert Smith uses an auld manny Gretsch, and he's the coolest goth of them all.