aberdeen-music

Marshall DSL50

ChrisB

I've got a Marshall DSL 50 watt head that isn't getting used much at all so I'd like to move it on.

It's in perfect condition after being gigged only once (and used at a couple of practices). Recently revalved and biased with JJ E34L power valves and also has JJ ECC83 preamp valves.

I was just thinking about buying one of these very amps, i'd feel bad not buying it from RnB considering just how much i've been in there trying out amps, think i should just snatch up a second hand one then? I too would have gone for this if it was nearer 450.

This is all very interesting.?(

I was just thinking about buying one of these very amps, i'd feel bad not buying it from RnB considering just how much i've been in there trying out amps, think i should just snatch up a second hand one then? I too would have gone for this if it was nearer 450.

PM sent.

These are selling for 750 new these days? I bought mine nearly 4 years ago for 529.

Seems to be the going rate, except on GAK, who brought buy them in crates of 100's. Not sure why they've gone up in price. I got mine about 4 years ago too, and I was looking at brand new ones which were at least 200 less, pretty much everywhere.

Everything Marshall went up in price during the recession like a lot of other Brands. Inflated quite a bit though, Considering Overseas products like Voodoo Labs and Mesa Boogie and so on inflated their prices just slightly due to the dollar / Pound value at the time and the fact they were being imported to the UK they never went up as much as Marshall in terms of percentage. A standard Marshall 4x12 went from around 329 at some places to 479. The JCM 800 Went up around 300 quid as well at some retailers.

Total rip off considering Marshall's quality. I would rather save and spend an extra 150 quid for a Mesa 2x12 built from quality wood and V30 Speakers instead of a Marshall 4x12 that sounds pretty harsh due to its speakers and plywood build.

Hi Chris,

Interetsed in your DSL50. How old is it and can you confirm the condition, IE any rips scratches etc? Also if I made you an acceptable offer, would you be prepared to package up and I would arrange for a courier to collect. This is of course once we've agreed on the payment method.

Cheers

Mervster.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Chris,

Interetsed in your DSL50. How old is it and can you confirm the condition, IE any rips scratches etc? Also if I made you an acceptable offer, would you be prepared to package up and I would arrange for a courier to collect. This is of course once we've agreed on the payment method.

Cheers

Mervster.

Would prefer a local sale. Last chance before I eBay it.