aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
waltz

Anti-BNP demonstration

Guest Gladstone

I think we should treat BNP like an annoying child.

Ignore them long enough and they'll just go away.

All this shit just draws more attention towards them.

This. Protesting against them merely validates their presence.

Basically, all you have to do is perodically post this:

nick-griffin-image-2-996158499.jpg

and any feeble amount of mainstream credibility they've gained crumbles.

Surely the fact they have MEPs validates them somewhat?

So do the Swedish Pirate Party. You could probably get more MEPs on a Free The Weed platform if you really tried (and I'm surprised no one has but maybe their chief constituents are too baked to vote.)

Yeah, there's much more important things to be demonstrating about. This party is, all things considered, an insignificant horrible ugly little thing that most people know is a totally hate filled racist instituition.

fuck that, people genuinely don't understand the true nature of the bnp and if protesting or raising awareness shows people who they really are then we should do it. fascists should not be ignored, that's how they got this far in the first place. they rely on apathy and malaise to seize power.

• Upvote 1

fuck that, people genuinely don't understand the true nature of the bnp and if protesting or raising awareness shows people who they really are then we should do it. fascists should not be ignored, that's how they got this far in the first place. they rely on apathy and malaise to seize power.

Exactly this.

Not sticking up for fascists or the BNP, but your statement could equally apply to lefties/marxists and communists !!! (who I loath just as much)

:rolleyes:

Yeah, supporting a hard left party in opposition to a hard right party seems a little bit redundant. Or is it like bacteria, and you have to keep a balance or you get meningitis or something?

Not sticking up for fascists, but your statement could equally apply to lefties/marxists and communists !!! (who I loath just as much)

:rolleyes:

how so? i don't think it does.

Yeah, supporting a hard left party in opposition to a hard right party seems a little bit redundant. Or is it like bacteria, and you have to keep a balance or you get meningitis or something?

er, no. it's different political systems innit. also it's not about supporting a hard left party but opposing fascists. it's the bnp's tactic to claim everyone who protests about them is a communist, pretty cheap really.

Guest Motleyal

pretty sure i saw a bnp poster in a window on nth deeside rd in culter. surprised their window wasnt caved in.

pretty sure i saw a bnp poster in a window on nth deeside rd in culter. surprised their window wasnt caved in.

yep, just across from the police station. if morons want to advertise their morons then so be it. at the moment it is perfectly legal for them to display that poster. i hope the lib dem and labour political canvassers who knocked on my door also knocked on theirs.

er, no. it's different political systems innit. also it's not about supporting a hard left party but opposing fascists. it's the bnp's tactic to claim everyone who protests about them is a communist, pretty cheap really.

Satisfying though. It brings a certain McCarthyist zeal back to politics. I also think it's hard to deny that Searchlight and the UAF belong firmly to the militant left, historical enemies of the far-right.

I just prefer to sit back and watch them kill each other.

deal-with-it.gif

You hit the nail right on the head there Dave.