aberdeen-music

Opinions on this Aberdeen band?

Cat

People are quick to trash Bradley, it seems.

In what little dealings we've had with him, he treated us just fine. When we played the Student Union and they tried to not pay us anything, he spoke to the management and secured us 50.

On his deal with Starfall, despite the hype and all that surrounds it, he still appears to do a LOT more real, tangible work for the band he says he manages than any of the other would-be band "managers" on the local scene. Thus far, Starfall have played more dates outwith Aberdeen than some "scene" bands I could name both present and past. That said, I don't get why band members can't manage themselves... It's not like any of us just don't have the time, is it?!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds like a perfectly valid explanation to me

sound like no one is at fault and maybe Tronn expected too much....especially as Dave is Starfalls manager and not their manager

just shows how shitty rumours can start

aye quite, like my alleged drink problem

Aren't Starfall thin creepy kids? I don't know.

My opinions are based around the fact that Dave Bradley is their father. Dave Bradley is evil but has a fascinating face.

Slim and not rock n roll.

Creepy to those unfamiliar to their usual habits.... but I'm fond of them

*shrugs*

Wear lots of black too.... :bat:

Yep' date='I am the bassist.Just trying to keep it a bit discreet so I'm not hated too much round here.

Cat xx[/quote']

hehe

Oh and Cat...

I'm hippy Mark's girly flatmate, Sharon :p

Just so you know :)

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1956&highlight=starfall

Every once in a while' date=' you have to ;).............[/quote']

'Tis indeed the best thread ever made on these fine forums... but won't it delete itself after a year (September).... if it does; i don't think i could cope - any chance someone could open it and bump it up, then close it again so that it can be there for our reading pleasure for another year??

PLEASE...

• 5 weeks later...

For the record I was also there when it happened. Tronn have no real right to talk as they *forgot* to apply for work permits and were exported. Not very professional. It also threw a major spanner in the works of the Starfall tour which was setting off that very morning and nearly buggered stuff up for Starfall too. Not too suprising if they were left our of further touring with that level of unprofesionalism.

For the record I was also there when it happened. Tronn have no real right to talk as they *forgot* to apply for work permits and were exported. Not very professional. It also threw a major spanner in the works of the Starfall tour which was setting off that very morning and nearly buggered stuff up for Starfall too. Not too suprising if they were left our of further touring with that level of unprofesionalism.

In my experience bands don't generally apply for work permits as its a bit of a contradiction in terms......