aberdeen-music

Opinions on this Aberdeen band?

Cat

Hey, I was just wondering what people's opinions on Starfall are? Considering Starfall have played a few gigs here and out of town I would think they measure up to the other bands on here. I don't see much mention of them though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell
In my opinion they don't cut it live in comparison to on record' date=' The whole kicking a brazilian band off a tour they've come over to play after they've arriaved and leaving them stranded in europe with no shows for 20 days is disgraceful.[/quote']

you are kidding me??? :moody:

Hey' date=' I was just wondering what people's opinions on Starfall are? Considering Starfall have played a few gigs here and out of town I would think they measure up to the other bands on here. I don't see much mention of them though.[/quote']

Am I confused, or aren't you their bassist?

I've not heard their new material, aside from Static. Not seen them live in ages, either, and as the last time I saw them they were playing their first gig it would be impossible to comment.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
Welcome to the wonderful world of Dave Bradley.

Aye, chill oot...

I'm sure Mr Bradley will quickly be on the scene to explain this whole cocktail of fiction...But for the meantime, I heard that the Brazilian band we're refused entry into the UK...It'd be pretty hard for them to play dates then, wouldn't it?

yeah its all well and good having a go...do you know the facts? this is the problem with our "scene!" Its full of witchunting.

I know for a fact that Bradley is a lying, cheating, thieving coward. This has his MO all over it.

I can't see how this (or anything else) constitutes 'witch hunting'. It is possible to simply disagree with someone (or a number of people) without getting a persecution complex about it.

woahhhhh

anyway, bumped into Tronn last week in Berlin (they're fucking ace by the way, and I think they're planning to play the UK in August or something).

I told them I was from Aberdeen and they proceeded to tell me that they were on tour with Starfall and then, at the eve of their UK dates, they couldn't get into the UK. They then told me that they got it sorted shortly after, yet Mr Bradley did not want them to do the rest of the UK dates (it was 20 UK dates apparently, so they lost alot of money cos they had to sit about in Europe doing fuck all for that entire period.)

I aint saying one way or another, Im just saying what I heard from Tronn. But its pretty shitty seeing a band play, and then at the end of their set they say "please please by our merchandise, cos we really really need the money").

woahhhhh

they were on tour with Starfall and then' date=' at the eve of their UK dates, they couldn't get into the UK. They then told me that they got it sorted shortly after, yet Mr Bradley did not want them to do the rest of the UK dates (it was 20 UK dates apparently, so they lost alot of money cos they had to sit about in Europe doing fuck all for that entire period.)

[/quote']

Afraid this isn't quite acurate but it's better than the version of the tale most people seem to be hearing where I booked a UK tour for them then told them they couldn't play it. I always find it amazing that people on here are so quick to jump on peoples backs...

Tronn were barred entry to the UK for a tour they had largely booked themselves. I booked them to play a few shows with Starfall but upon arriving in Dover they had been sent back to France and told to come back once they had a work permit. This pretty much ruled them out of playing the shows but we awaited news from them. At no point did I say to them that they couldn't play with us or on any of the dates that THEY had booked if they had managed to get into the UK.

Around the time of the tour we had been DISCUSSING (i.e. been talking about it without any formal agreement) about getting them dates in late August/September which I guess is what they were on about when speaking to Dave in Germany but due to the nature of the dates we were looking at at the time it soon transpired that we wouldn't actually be able to offer them a touring support slot for these dates and we told them that then. If I was them I'd feel a bit disappointed as well but this is the nature of the business, you don't just wake up one day and go "Oh I want to book a tour" and get whatever venues, support bands etc you want, it doesn't quite work like that. You have to allow for things that look promising not to happen etc we didn't say that we could definetly sort them out with these dates. Some of the dates we were looking to book had previously been booked with other bands and the addition of Starfall would have, in many cases, completed the line-ups and not allowed for an extra band. At the end of the day this is neither here nor there as we're not going through with those particular dates in question anyway.

Dave

I guess there's two sides to every arguement' date=' however both stories seem quite different from either party and the brazilians, quote 'Wanting To Shove a Bottle Up Dave Bradleys Arse' seemed pretty annoyed about the whole thing.[/quote']

Well of course they were annoyed, they were convinced that we'd have another tour for them to play on when we didn't guarantee them anything.

I can't be held responsible for that.

Afraid this isn't quite acurate but it's better than the version of the tale most people seem to be hearing where I booked a UK tour for them then told them they couldn't play it. I always find it amazing that people on here are so quick to jump on peoples backs...

Tronn were barred entry to the UK for a tour they had largely booked themselves. I booked them to play a few shows with Starfall but upon arriving in Dover they had been sent back to France and told to come back once they had a work permit. This pretty much ruled them out of playing the shows but we awaited news from them. At no point did I say to them that they couldn't play with us or on any of the dates that THEY had booked if they had managed to get into the UK.

Around the time of the tour we had been DISCUSSING (i.e. been talking about it without any formal agreement) about getting them dates in late August/September which I guess is what they were on about when speaking to Dave in Germany but due to the nature of the dates we were looking at at the time it soon transpired that we wouldn't actually be able to offer them a touring support slot for these dates and we told them that then. If I was them I'd feel a bit disappointed as well but this is the nature of the business' date=' you don't just wake up one day and go "Oh I want to book a tour" and get whatever venues, support bands etc you want, it doesn't quite work like that. You have to allow for things that look promising not to happen etc we didn't say that we could definetly sort them out with these dates. Some of the dates we were looking to book had previously been booked with other bands and the addition of Starfall would have, in many cases, completed the line-ups and not allowed for an extra band. At the end of the day this is neither here nor there as we're not going through with those particular dates in question anyway.

Dave[/quote']

that sounds like a perfectly valid explanation to me

sound like no one is at fault and maybe Tronn expected too much....especially as Dave is Starfalls manager and not their manager

just shows how shitty rumours can start