aberdeen-music

wanted - band to play at kids cancer charity event

jonanny4

Im posting on here as a friend has advised this is the best way to find a loacl band to play at a charity function

Im looking for a band to donate there services to a clic sargent stovie dance in westhill

we are looking at round about end of august september time

we have a venue we have food we have drink now all we need is a band

Ideally we want ALL money made on the night to go straight to the charity so to be honest from the start ideally a band willing to donate themselves would be great

The age off people attending would be from 18 up to granny and granda and beyond so a complete mix

I have my fingers and toes crossed and wait in hope that someone out there can help us out

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Charity event

Hi there,

We are a fairly recently formed weddings/functions band based in Inverurie/Kintore, and we would be interested in playing your gig as a means of getting our name known with a bit of goodwill.

Although I say we are recently formed (since January), we are all well seasoned musicians ranging in age from mid thirties to fifty. We are currently working on building up our set, and have around forty songs at present ranging from The Beatles to The Kaiser Chiefs, giving a good mix of old and new. We are adding about 4 songs every fortnight, so come August or September we will have lots more.

Our last gig was a 50th birthday party in Denmore Lodge Social Club in march, and everyone had a good night, with lots of good feedback about us.

So we would certainly play your gig for free, with the aim of getting ourselves known.

If you want any more info I would be glad to help.

Cheers,

Leigh.