aberdeen-music

Ignorant Vatican Strike Again

Shaki

BBC News - Vatican comment on paedophiles draws gay groups' anger

Are you fucking kidding me!?

Did it go like this:

Well to explain, this priest wasnt sexually attracted to children per se, just boys

Oh, kinda like homosexuals?

Well, not exa.

Thats great, write it up in a report for me

Erm, Yes Your Eminence

Or is this the same link that you could make between heterosexuality and the sexual abuse of young girls by men?

JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY! What an absolute disgrace.

Those fuckers bile my pish something rotten.

Guest Gladstone

Just out of interest - are paedophiles attracted to children or is it exclusively boys or exclusively girls? I.e. do you get gay paedophiles and straight paedophiles or just paedophiles?

I would have imagined that the reason the majority of the abuse in the above cases is against boys because there are just more boys going about the place than girls?

But yeah - the ignorance on display here is remarkable. It's straight out of the dark ages. "Dinna let 'at poof near my bairns" Why the fuck not? Gay men are attracted to men, not kids you fucking morons!!

I just noticed this as well and was about to post it in pet hates! This is disgraceful but in no way out of the ordinary for the Vatican. It is so immoral that they are trying to use the downfalls of the catholic church to further berate a minority that they have always opposed and hated. The only link I see between these revelations of paedophilia among priests is between catholocism and paedophilia, not homosexuality. I'm not insinuating that paedophiles are all catholic, its just that in this case the only two things these disgusting bastards are for certain are paedophiles and catholic priests (priests for the most part anyway). How could they possibly have thought these statements would take the blame away from them as an institution.

Just out of interest - are paedophiles attracted to children or is it exclusively boys or exclusively girls? I.e. do you get gay paedophiles and straight paedophiles or just paedophiles?

I would have imagined that the reason the majority of the abuse in the above cases is against boys because there are just more boys going about the place than girls?

But yeah - the ignorance on display here is remarkable. It's straight out of the dark ages. "Dinna let 'at poof near my bairns" Why the fuck not? Gay men are attracted to men, not kids you fucking morons!!

Yes, they have their preferences as far as I am aware.

I understand there is a history of secret gay relationships in the catholic church because homosexuality was seen as less of a sin than carnal relations with a member of the opposite sex which would obviously be against the vows of priests, monks, nuns etc. There's a theory that this extends to the abuse of children. (I probably read this theory in a fictional book so there may not evidence to support it)

I'm no expert on the subject and as such would never make a poorly informed and offensive statement on the matter to deflect the failings and the abhorrent misconduct of my employer or religious institution (if I had one).

Guest Gladstone
Yes, they have their preferences as far as I am aware.

I understand there is a history of secret gay relationships in the catholic church because homosexuality was seen as less of a sin than carnal relations with a member of the opposite sex which would obviously be against the vows of priests, monks, nuns etc. There's a theory that this extends to the abuse of children. (I probably read this theory in a fictional book so there may not evidence to support it)

I'm no expert on the subject and as such would never make a poorly informed and offensive statement on the matter to deflect the failings and the abhorrent misconduct of my employer or religious institution (if I had one).

I was just thinking actually - if they are trying to blame homosexuality for all of this, and it was inherent homosexuality causing the child abuse, why wouldn't they just shag each other?

I always struggle to get my head around why there are so many instances of abuse in the one institution.

Is it that paedophiles see working in that institution gives them access to children and opportunity to fulfil their fantasies, or is it something within the institution that drives them to committing abuse, or brings out the abuser from within them?

I just find it all a bit weird. Especially when you hear about (and this isn't really directly to do with the Catholic establishment) instances of abuse when there is more than one abuser. Who the fuck brings that up in conversation? "Aye, eh Jim, I was just wondering if you fancy abusing some boys at the weekend?"

Seriously - do they just instintively know each other? Gay people talk about "gay-dar" do paedofiles have "pae-dar"?

(That sounds like I'm making light of this - I'm really not - I'm genuinely curious (just out of interest I hasten to add!))

Ex-notable scientist and prominent atheist in tabloid media publicity stunt shocker!

It is a shame about the buggery, though.

i dunno man, seems to have a bit more thread to it than just a publicity stunt..., guess all we can do is see. i read something similar was put on the cards for a visiting israeli politician who subsequently canceled her trip to the UK.

i dunno man, seems to have a bit more thread to it than just a publicity stunt...,

Agreed, it highlights the fact that people previously seen as being above the law are utterly subject to it. Of course the Pope won't be arrested, however, such a challenge to an authoritarian power structure can only be a good thing. Publicity stunt yes, but for a positive cause.

Agreed, it highlights the fact that people previously seen as being above the law are utterly subject to it. Of course the Pope won't be arrested, however, such a challenge to an authoritarian power structure can only be a good thing. Publicity stunt yes, but for a positive cause.

Kinda reminiscent of the death of Jade Goody

The ironic aspect to this is that the catholic church take an allegorical view of 'creation' and is therefore not opposed to the scientific theories of our origins that people like Dawkins are advocates for. If only they could reconcile these differences over kiddy fiddling... basically, you either accept that the earth was made by a super-wizard six thousand years ago or you are a small bean regarder.

Church historian, Julian Cook, added: "Unfortunately the Vatican has been defeated by it's own logic. If the priests really were gay they would have been defrocked immediately which means the Vatican knew they weren't gay and instead decided to protect them because in their heads being a homosexual is somehow worse than being a paedophile.

"Still, nice try."

That's fucking awesome.

Another board has been encouraging members to submit limericks about this. I can't claim credit for any but I think they may need to be spread around:

---

A heresy known as catholic

encouraged altar-boy bumlick

when they were found out

they were known to shout

'Tis the gays and the general public'

---

There once was a vicar from Tring

Who talked about God and such things

But his real desire

Was a boy in the choir

With buttocks like jelly on springs