aberdeen-music

Next hot genre?

Cat

In case you haven't noticed we are entering summer now.

You wouldn't think so in Aberdeen though.

Every summer there seems to be a hot genre/style of music that people favour most.

Most recent it seems to have been Emo all the way.

Before that there was lots of Nu-metal,Indie, Punk etc.

I'm curious on what the next favoured genre will be/is?

Maybe its time for the lesser known styles such as Grindcore,Ambient,Industrial etc to be popular?

Guest Nikola Tesla

Haha id love to see grind-core populuarised, imagine a reformed Discordance Axis on top of the tops? haha or even better Sskinny Puppy on smash hits(for industrail)..... ah that kept me amused.

But aye who knows what the next thing will be, no one probibly saw the emo popularity coming, especialy 20 years ago when it started so it could be anything...

Guest Nikola Tesla
Imagine that though - grindcore/noisecore as the new popular genre - fucking ace :up:

That would be a really strange thing no? Not meaning to sound like a purist (as im by far not the most knowledgeable on these genres) but if they became popular how many people would actualy 'get' what the bands are trying to do? And how many would apreciate them for their actual talent not just because of a fad.

Guest Nikola Tesla
I really hope it's Lounge-Core

This is certainly a new one on me, i wonder what Lounge-Core sounds like? Would it be like soothing jazz with impassioned screams sailing over the music, with suited kids with dyed black hair/skinheads performing with manic grace? Just wondering really...

I really hope it's Lounge-Core' date=' then I'm gonna be hip.

Realistically it'll probably that kind of arty, jangley guitars Indie-Rock think a la Franz Ferdinand. Lot's of shirts buttoned right up, skinny ties and leather shoes.[/quote']

With Dogs Die In Hot Cars coming up too, it's possible. Mind you neo-post punk types like Bloc Party and The Future Heads are making a buzz (and sound pretty damn pleasing).

This is certainly a new one on me' date=' i wonder what Lounge-Core sounds like? Would it be like soothing jazz with impassioned screams sailing over the music, with suited kids with dyed black hair/skinheads performing with manic grace? Just wondering really...[/quote']

It's really just lounge music with core stuck on the end as a joke, unfortunately.

In muso terms, I think the word core just refers to what is the core of the music, not something mixed with Hardcore. Infact I seem to remember reading that the word Easycore was recently put in the dictionary, meaning Easy Listening.

A mix of Hardcore and Lounge would be superb though.

Rumour has it that on the release of

YER MAN - Good Grief AKA Dirty Lover AKA Fuck You.... the music industy will quit and we can all rejoice in this rather unfortunate tale of a guy getting his own back on his girlfriend.... THATS ON THE 26TH JULY KIDDIES!

Other rumours hot off the press..

The World Is Flat

Dolly Parton is actually made entirely of silicon and goats cheese....

AND

This JUST IN

The Man From Delmonti actually is an arguementative bastard and usually says "Bugger Off I hate Pineapples you cunts!"

Thank you and goodnight!

Guest Nikola Tesla
It's really just lounge music with core stuck on the end as a joke' date=' unfortunately.

In muso terms, I think the word core just refers to what is the core of the music, not something mixed with Hardcore. Infact I seem to remember reading that the word Easycore was recently put in the dictionary, meaning Easy Listening.

A mix of Hardcore and Lounge would be superb though.[/quote']

Kinda figured it was a joke, oh well i shall await the day a jazz band has HxC influences.... *dreams*