aberdeen-music

APA Music Programmer

Chris_APA

thing is these jobs are usually taken in advance anyways and advertised as a legal requirement and usually awarded to someone who knows someone. Having been unemployed long-term now I dont lose a wink of sleep over not getting jobs I think I'm more than qualified for. Yes its annoying but I bagged a number of jobs in the past through who I knew not what I knew! Advertised jobs suck!

No way, man. When I applied a few years back, I think they took one look at the fact that I had put on DIY shows, realised my motives weren't about generating a profit, and classed me under: "Not A Fucking Chance".

ach guess I just thought it I had some form of experience that others wouldnt have which would put me in good steading. fair enough, obviously others have been deemed far more capable than Iam.

Back to putting on gigs nobody comes too.

Awe shuks Cloud. I'm warming to you ;) And yup, a number of successful funding apps across music and art. No matter, I have moved on and reckon the job is a bit of a poisoned chalice. Which genuinely had me a little wary but thought what the hell... Not that I need have worried eh..

You know what makes me laugh? I found this when looking at the Lemon Tree listings - THE LEMON TREE : New Art Exhibition Opens

Now - if they're going to hire an assistant programmer, wouldn't it make sense to interview in someone with knowledge of art who might be able to expand the job role into that area, too - and even potentially mixing the two in some way?

Or is this just way too logical?

By the look of things lately' date=' they're probably looking for someone with an in-depth knowledge of the nations shittest tribute bands. [/quote']

Those listings on their website aren't the full listings, surely? They're absolutely horrible!

It's sad to see that they appear to be doing absolutely nothing "eclectic" despite their promises when they originally took the place over.

Those listings on their website aren't the full listings, surely? They're absolutely horrible!

It's sad to see that they appear to be doing absolutely nothing "eclectic" despite their promises when they originally took the place over.

the person specification included knowledge of popular trends in modern music.

I just wanted to book fuck buttons

You know what makes me laugh? I found this when looking at the Lemon Tree listings - THE LEMON TREE : New Art Exhibition Opens

Now - if they're going to hire an assistant programmer, wouldn't it make sense to interview in someone with knowledge of art who might be able to expand the job role into that area, too - and even potentially mixing the two in some way?

Or is this just way too logical?

Not to mention the duty managers they were seeking as well... Been informed by former members of staff that not getting the job, not that I expected to I will add, is a 'lucky escape'. haha.

To be honest I would say that all you guys who were rejected have had a lucky escape while Im sure you had visions of being able to bring more variety to The Lemon Tree in terms of broader appeal of artists and at more recession friendly prices, I am pretty confident you would have entered a world of being forced to book an endless stream of tribute bands and endure much criticism for inflated ticket prices which was outwith your control

Since it re-opened things seem to have become worse. Certainly no discernible difference. Worse advertising probably.

To be honest I would say that all you guys who were rejected have had a lucky escape while Im sure you had visions of being able to bring more variety to The Lemon Tree in terms of broader appeal of artists and at more recession friendly prices, I am pretty confident you would have entered a world of being forced to book an endless stream of tribute bands and endure much criticism for inflated ticket prices which was outwith your control

Since it re-opened things seem to have become worse. Certainly no discernible difference. Worse advertising probably.

All things that crossed my mind on every paragraph of my application but needs must. And I wasn't really that bothered about not getting that job. Just perplexed that an application, whether mine or anyone else's, that ticks every box, and some, across the personal specification and job description, at both a professional and interest level, was deemed not suitable or strong enough for their organisation. It does raise questions about intent... I'll reserve a full opinion until I hear who gets the job... Or, I'll simply forget about the Lemon Tree again until it's once more in the papers. :love:

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Who's got the job?