aberdeen-music

Record store day...one up records...saturday 17th april

As some of you may know, this weekend is Record Store Day, which for us in Aberdeen, means we should be supporting our local music retailer One Up, in Belmont Street.

For more general info on RSD- the main website:

RECORD STORE DAY - Home

Details for One Ups event will be posted up in Due Course.

At the moment there are a few instore perfomances i know of taking place (myself and craig davidson for sure for a start) and there are several very limited releases available for the day and on the day which are worth checking out.

Pop into One Up and ask to see the list (or i believe its possibly on the wall for public view).

Keep an eye on their facebook for up to date releases and events etc:

One Up Records | Facebook

Guest idol_wild
Does anyone have photos of the previous stores they can post, I'd love to see pics of Rosemount Viaduct, in fact someone tell Fred et al to get some kind of gallery on the go so we can see just how cool its always been in that place.

Yeah. Like he has the organisational skills for that. :rolleyes:

I worked there for about 2 years and asked to see old photos, but was shown about 7 shitty polaroids of the store when Echobelly's On was released (so, about 1994). No photos seem to exist of the old stores. Pity.

Yeah. Like he has the organisational skills for that. :rolleyes:

I worked there for about 2 years and asked to see old photos, but was shown about 7 shitty polaroids of the store when Echobelly's On was released (so, about 1994). No photos seem to exist of the old stores. Pity.

Fred does have a gallery on face book, don't think there are any of rosemount though, mostly George St. Diamond St. & Belmont St.

Guest idol_wild
Fred does have a gallery on face book, don't think there are any of rosemount though, mostly George St. Diamond St. & Belmont St.

Gosh darn it - no Facebook access at work!

I'll check them out when I get home tonight.

The 3 old shops were all quite interchangeable in that they were all cramped, stocked full of too much stuff and you were climbing over folk to get at things. Having said that, I have always preferred them to the Belmont Street shop as they had much more character despite the Belmont Street shoplooking more organised and professional.