aberdeen-music

Travel Tips

DJ Jo-D

• 4 months later...

I'm jetting off to Bulgaria in a couple of weeks to Slanchev Bryag, (or Sunny Beach if you're not Bulgarian), I've heard a few conflicting stories, some saying it's awesome, some saying it's a bit of a shit hole and rife with pickpockets and folk trying to trick you out of money. Has anyone visited, and what did you make of it?

I am going to Turgutreis - Bodrum - Turkey on Saturday

Anyone got travel tips for here?

Someone was saying they much prefer GBP to Lira?

Are you going with girls, boys, family, a partner? I've heard the local men can be quite lecherous and their erm, culture, does not afford the same respect to women as you are used to. If you are with a bloke then you don't get bothered in the same way. Do you have blonde hair? If so, dye it dark.

I had a good time there when I was 18. Sun, sea, sand, swally and....wanking probably. Got a mega cheap deal because of earthquakes in Istanbul!

Oh, and don't try to smuggle drugs back.

I'm jetting off to Bulgaria in a couple of weeks to Slanchev Bryag, (or Sunny Beach if you're not Bulgarian), I've heard a few conflicting stories, some saying it's awesome, some saying it's a bit of a shit hole and rife with pickpockets and folk trying to trick you out of money. Has anyone visited, and what did you make of it?

Trip Advisor is generally excellent for this kind of thing:

Sunny Beach Forum, Travel Discussion for Sunny Beach - TripAdvisor

Doesn't sound too bad.

Are you going with girls, boys, family, a partner? I've heard the local men can be quite lecherous and their erm, culture, does not afford the same respect to women as you are used to. If you are with a bloke then you don't get bothered in the same way. Do you have blonde hair? If so, dye it dark.

I had a good time there when I was 18. Sun, sea, sand, swally and....wanking probably. Got a mega cheap deal because of earthquakes in Istanbul!

Oh, and don't try to smuggle drugs back.

She went in April...

Wear a belt pouch. Pickpockets would have to get all about your crotch if they want to nick your money. You'd see them in plenty of time and you could give them a good hiding, like the North Eastern that you are. No hands though. Punching is for puffs. Headbutts only.

Wear a belt pouch. Pickpockets would have to get all about your crotch if they want to nick your money. You'd see them in plenty of time and you could give them a good hiding, like the North Eastern that you are. No hands though. Punching is for puffs. Headbutts only.

I could try and bring these back:

bumbag.jpg

I had a purple one. It was awesome.