aberdeen-music

What Is your definition of EMO!

I've said this a million times, but I can sum up my thoughts like this:

When I used to go to The Palace/Moshulu, i had some friends who hated all the "ska shite" that was played, often refering to bands like Goldfinger or Green Day or Blink 182. It was pretty clear they had absoultley no concept of the evoloution of ska or even it's modern forms.

Last time I went to Moshulu I heard the same conversation repeated re: emo.

People say anything with screaming is emo which is a shit theory because would you class slipknot as emo ?

....? What do you believe?

i believe emo is painful pop punk bands that don't know how to play their instruments, with fools who attempt to sing like the guys out of blink and who generally shouldn't even be anywhere near a band.

oh wait, that makes me emo, not them ;(

When I used to go to The Palace/Moshulu, i had some friends who hated all the "ska shite" that was played, often refering to bands like Goldfinger or Green Day or Blink 182. It was pretty clear they had absoultley no concept of the evoloution of ska or even it's modern forms.

The notable difference being that a lot emo/post-hardcore BANDS have absolutely no concept of the evolution of the genre.

I'm fucking sick of genre tags, I'm sure it's a technique used by the mass media/major labels to divide and conquer the rock community.

No. because you misunderstand what I meant by my statement. Plus' date=' If emo WAS nothing, I would still have punk/rock. So it's not all bad.[/quote']

Why claim not to acknowledge the existance of a genre when you say you support it through SSR?

If you have dark hair and it's in a combed over style' date=' wear black t-shirts and baggy jeans held up by a studded belt, then you are DEFINITELLY Emo.

If your band has lots of screaming it is DEFINITELLY an EMO band.[/quote']

Was that a sarcastic comment? Please say it was, or else I may be tempted to crack your skull open the next time I see you in the corridors.

I was being very sarcastic yes' date=' but I almost wish I wasn't seeing as your threat was so gorgeous.[/quote']

Lol, me cracking someones head open. That would be a thing to see.

anyways, who is .NoExit. I'm intrigued since they have shown signs of knowing some of the population of Hazlehead. Hopefully not another idiotic member of the school though.

The notable difference being that a lot emo/post-hardcore BANDS have absolutely no concept of the evolution of the genre.

I'm fucking sick of genre tags' date=' I'm sure it's a technique used by the mass media/major labels to divide and conquer the rock community.[/quote']

I agree to a point. The thing is, I understand "emo" is about twenty years old so it pains me to see people who think it started with Thursday, or worse, Lostprophets or something.

Guest Nikola Tesla
people who think it started with Thursday' date=' or worse, Lostprophets or something.[/quote']

Haha i pity people like that, theyre missing out on the best of actualy emo. Where as stuff like thursday is 80's inde with distorted guitars, and the lostprophets are pop.