aberdeen-music

Kurt's 'Twilight' Years

Monster Zero

Guest Gladstone
'Last Days' was quite good. Got a good atmosphere to it and Michael Pitt played the part well.

I thought that film was quite good, but it was really bizarre. My wife thought it was a total borefest.

I thought that film was quite good, but it was really bizarre. My wife thought it was a total borefest.

Yeah I can understand that, I've found I really need to be in the right frame of mind to watch it as it's quite slow moving and there's a lack of dialogue for large segments but it has a good atmosphere to it and conveys the sense of someone unravelling pretty effectively.

I also liked the music Michael Pitt plays in it and ended up buying his band Pagoda's album, it's nae 3 bad. For an actor doing music anyway.

My wife loved Cobain but I don't think she has ever tackled the film as yet.

Guest Gladstone
I think I should play Kurt Cobain. Even though I'm three years older than he was when he died, plus I'm a little bit fat.

You need to be able to play guitar though.

Guest Gladstone
To play Kurt Cobain?

Hardly.

That seems to be a prerequisite of Pattinson getting the role. I bet Pattinson can play guitar better than Lucky. Lucky's shite at guitar.

Guest Gladstone
I'd be offended if that wasn't true. I play like I have sausages taped to my fingers. Which is why we employ Fatboy :up:

I was obviously kidding.

There's no way I'm going to come on here and say Fatboy's shite at guitar - that could end badly...

I think I should play Kurt Cobain. Even though I'm three years older than he was when he died, plus I'm a little bit fat.

The fact that you look f**k all like him is also a hindrance I feel. Same goes for Pattinson. If this film goes ahead it's the strangest casting choice since Gary Busey playing Buddy Holly.

(I should add here that I haven't seen that film and he may have nailed it for all I know, but I know what he looks like and just can't imagine it working).