aberdeen-music

The Hurt Process + Dopamine + Dead Poetic + Beloved

lava p.

Electric 6 sold out the Music Hall, as did Less Than Jake last May.

The Thrills and Funeral For a Friend sold out the Lemon Tree. FFAF already sold out Kef last April.

It's always rubbish around summer for gigs anyway. A large proportion of gig-goers are school kids who don't exactly have a fortune to spend on gigs during the holidays (unless they work or are spoilt)... People go on holiday too, and work longer hours, leaving little time for gigs.

Not me though, I'm off to Drakes tonight. :)

Guest allsystemsfail
I made a 'Capdown ticket needed' sign drunkenly in Triple Kirks and claimed another ticket for a freen on Belmont Street in the afternoon. :)

Were you standing (with your sign) just outside Lava before the show? Then I think I had a discussion with you (albeit a rather brief one) about Capdown's politics.

Were you standing (with your sign) just outside Lava before the show? Then I think I had a discussion with you (albeit a rather brief one) about Capdown's politics.

I certainly was! I apologise for any inarticulacy [sp?] as I had indulged in one or two beverages beforehand :)

Hey at least me and all my friends got in laters on :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Cowboy Dan

The first local gig I ever went to was sold out, i think, the very first time King Prawn played in Aberdeen a few years ago.

Ones that haven't been mentioned, Wheatus! The first AUBL Poll:ution or was it the second one? It was in the new Drakes anyway... Lost Prophets at Kef?